DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lock Delay

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Lightbulb Lock Delay

Lock Delay is my first Android Market App release. It allows you to set an idle delay or timeout before the Android system lock pattern engages. Default Android system behavior without Lock Delay is to require the unlock pattern to be drawn each time the screen shuts off. With Lock Delay, the lock pattern will not be required until your chosen delay period has lapsed (customizable from 1 minute to 24 hours).

Former iPhone users will appreciate this.

Developed and tested on a Motorola Droid. Should work on just about anything 1.5 and greater though.

Please contact me with comments, questions, or suggestions.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Just discovered this. It does everything I wish MyLock did, but doesn't. Definitely worth the 99 cents! Great job!
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member

Re: Lock Delay

It says in the market that I must specify and unlock pattern for it to work. Any plans to make it work with just the slide to unlock feature?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Ran into a little snag? Have a question? Think your phone is only good to hold down rogue papers in a wind storm now? Visit the Rescue Squad!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yeah I use it with the slide to unlock feature only. In the app it's called "keyguard". You definitely do not have to involve the pattern at all if you don't want to.
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by givequicheachance View Post
    Yeah I use it with the slide to unlock feature only. In the app it's called "keyguard". You definitely do not have to involve the pattern at all if you don't want to.
    Yeah, I went ahead and bought it anyway, because even if I had to use the pattern after the set amount of time, this is still an awesome idea and it's working pretty great.

One issue though: I set it up so that there's no keyguard/unlock pattern for 5 minutes (just to start), and there's the keyguard after the 5 minutes.

However, my camera button now turns the screen on. This is less than desirable, as my camera button is on the side and sticks out quite a bit more than the power button (as you all know, because this is the Droid forum and the dev said that it's been tested with a Moto Droid...)

I feel like I'm MUCH more likely to accidentally hit the camera button while the phone is in my pocket. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem and/or if it's possible that this will be fixed in an update?
    Ran into a little snag? Have a question? Think your phone is only good to hold down rogue papers in a wind storm now? Visit the Rescue Squad!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Kansas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by givequicheachance View Post
    Yeah, I went ahead and bought it anyway, because even if I had to use the pattern after the set amount of time, this is still an awesome idea and it's working pretty great.

One issue though: I set it up so that there's no keyguard/unlock pattern for 5 minutes (just to start), and there's the keyguard after the 5 minutes.

However, my camera button now turns the screen on. This is less than desirable, as my camera button is on the side and sticks out quite a bit more than the power button (as you all know, because this is the Droid forum and the dev said that it's been tested with a Moto Droid...)

I feel like I'm MUCH more likely to accidentally hit the camera button while the phone is in my pocket. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem and/or if it's possible that this will be fixed in an update?
    When the keyguard is disabled, all physical keys are alive and will wake the phone. On the moto droid, that includes power, volume, and camera. On other phones, this can also include, send, end, home and search if there are hard buttons. This is how Android behaves natively with the system keyguard disabled. I can see how it it might be useful to limit the wake ability to just the power button as it is with the the key guard active. I am going to see if I can do anything to intercept those button presses but for now, all buttons will wake with no keyguard active.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I noticed that too. The volume rocker also wakes up.

+1 for requesting the option to turn those buttons off at screen off.
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member

Thanks for the reply! I'm willing to live with it fir the tune being, but I hope you can figure out a way to fix it. I had a feeling it was an android issue...

10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member

Ps, disregard the email from -Jon about this issue. That was from me. You've answered my question. No need to do it again!

11. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    EXACTLY what I've been looking for! Thanks! Works great!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links