DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Android 10 times faster: DroidBooster

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG GW620

Android 10 times faster: DroidBooster

FlexyCore asks help from the android community to validate the results on existing android mobile phones by downloading a free benchmark application from the android market (DroidBooster in Application / Demo category).

When exiting the application, the results can be send to us by the net, and then published on our website at FlexyCore

(On a LG GW620, we get a performance speedup of x12.60 )

Thanks for your help!

F.

PS: this application is only a benchmark for the DroidBooster product. Its only purpose is to bring back to us some infos namely : brand and model of your phone, and the result of the benchmark, which determines what speed gain could bring DroidBooster on this device.

PPS: FlexyCore would like to thank all the people who helped us gathering already about 1000 results!

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    I would be more willing to try if it was usable system wide. Besides benchmarks are relatively BS or at the very least only a partial indication of system potential (i.e. it's easier to get high benchmarks than actually increase system performance).
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG GW620
    Hi KZIWarrior!

well these results are important to us: the more we have, the more they are significant .

The speed improvement factor is important because it means something, as opposed to a number representing some kind of index that is just useful when compared with other platforms results.

Here, it the same platform and same code that are compared to each other with or without droidBooster.

I am not sure to see what you mean by "usable system wide"? This product indeed addresses Android platform.

Here is a video of the application on an HTC:

Hope you you will participate

Thank you!
  5. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Flexo I'll help you guys out....

Good luck.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG GW620
    Thank you!

Feel free to share your feelings about this, and whether you would be interested , as end user, if a mobile manufacturer or operator decided to use our compilation technology to speedup one of their phones drastically.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    So download, run benchmark, send results, and uninstall? I'd be happy to help as well.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post
    So download, run benchmark, send results, and uninstall? I'd be happy to help as well.
    Not asking me to do anything I don't do 10 times a day already I'll send you some info Flexo.

** sent the info along. ** The difference was staggering. The upper screen was dead on responsive.
    Last edited by Martin030908; 02-16-2010 at 10:18 AM.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG GW620
    Cheers!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Abnormal Results

I was able to generate an a abnormal, not to mention unlikely, result by running my finger along the border between the two sections of the screen. After about three minutes of this the application was reporting just above 103%. Clearly, this isn't how the application was intended to be used so I am not surprised. However, you may want to add some dead space between the two sections in order to guard against outliers like my result.

Otherwise, any JVM optimizations are welcome in my house. Java can be a real pig, it's nice to see a developer addressing that.
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible
    Sent my info
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexo View Post
    FlexyCore asks help from the android community to validate the results on existing android mobile phones by downloading a free benchmark application from the android market (DroidBooster in Application / Demo category).

When exiting the application, the results can be send to us by the net, and then published on our website at FlexyCore

(On a LG GW620, we get a performance speedup of x12.60 )

Thanks for your help!

F.

PS: this application is only a benchmark for the DroidBooster product. Its only purpose is to bring back to us some infos namely : brand and model of your phone, and the result of the benchmark, which determines what speed gain could bring DroidBooster on this device.

PPS: FlexyCore would like to thank all the people who helped us gathering already about 1000 results!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links