Welcome to Android BodyGuard (ABG), the app that requests quick response help for you in different emergency situations.
ABG consists of two sister apps: BodyGuard (BG) and Rescue Center (RC). BG will make sure the right message is delivered from the cell phone of the person in stress (the Protégé). RC will make sure the message is attended to by the persons offering help (the Protectors). RC will also let you create a Protection Network in which everyone can protect and be protected by the others at the same time.
ABG has been designed so that, as long as you have signal and battery, the messages are ALWAYS delivered and attended to. At least, ABG will let you live more at ease not only by knowing you can effectively request help anytime, but also by knowing the ones you care for (sons, daughters, consorts, friends, parents, grandparents, room-mates...) can request help from you, and others, anytime. At the outmost, Android BodyGuard might save your life or that of the ones you care for.
Stay calm. Whatever the situation, Help is on the way.
WHAT BODYGUARD (BG) DOES
BG is the part of ABG that the Protégé will use. If you get into trouble, BG will do two things simultaneously.
1. - Send messages (SMS or Twitter) to persons of your choice (your Protectors), tell them where you are, what sort of trouble you are in and who to call (police, hospital, etc.).
2. - Make an Automatic Hands-Free Call to a number of your choice.
HOW BG IS TRIGGERED
Manually: If you decide you need to call for help you can press the Panic Button. A two second press of either Vol+ or Vol- will launch the Emergency Protocol. The cell phone will vibrate to confirm the action.
Automatically: ABG will use the cell phone accelerometer to detect impacts and falls. When it does, it will start a 30 second acoustic countdown allowing you to cancel a false alarm. If the countdown is not cancelled, ABG will launch the Emergency Protocol.
Passive Alarm: A daily alarm can be set which, if not stopped in 5 minutes, will send messages informing of this fact. This alarm is designed for senior people who live on their own and who could suffer an accident with the cell phone out of their reach. Since it is not an actual Emergency alert, no Automatic Call will be made.
THE BG MODES
Depending on the situation, these tasks will be carried out in different ways. We call them Modes.
There are Four BG Modes:
WHAT RESCUE CENTER (RC) DOES
The RC is the part of ABG that the Protector will use. The main goal of RC is double.
- Make sure the Help messages are attended to by means of a permanent alarm.
- Enable the creation of a Protection Network in which all members can be Protectors and Protégés of the others at the same time.
There are two versions of ABG:
- ABG Lite is free, accepts one single Protector and does not include RC. You can get it in Google Play HERE or via QR.
- ABG Protection Network is the Full ABG version, accepts multiple Protectors and includes Android Rescue Center, which is designed to make sure the messages are attended to and to create a Protection Network in which every member is both Protector and Protégé of the others. For only 2.45. You will see that ABG Protection Network is more than worth it's price. You can get it in Google Play HERE.
You can learn more at Android BodyGuard