DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Touiteur – Twitter client/app from the creators of Beautiful Widgets

1. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member

Touiteur – Twitter client/app from the creators of Beautiful Widgets

Update Touiteur (free) and Premium Unlock Key (1.99 Euros) now on the Market!

QR Code for Touiteur

QR Code for Touiteur Premium(key)

Sneak Peek: Touiteur(Beta) - Twitter client/app/widgets from the creators of Beautiful Widgets

Tama at LevelUpStudio (creator of Beautiful Widgets) has been working hard on a new Twitter Client/app and is now on the Market!

Please keep in mind what you see here is only a Beta of Touiteur. Expect changes and/or more features and options when it is officially released.

I have been lucky enough to be a Beta tester and this new app is very impressive. I am by no means a Twitter expert but have been unsatisfied with every Twitter app I have tried so far. …until now!

I am sure there are other Twitter apps that have a lot of the features of Tama’s new Touiteur or even more. But, I haven’t seen one yet that has just the right intuitive and usable features plus the added bonus of the excellent functional Touiteur Widgets. As usual Tama’s instincts in creating top level intuitive apps is amazing!

This first post is just going to be an introduction and I will go thru all the functions and features with screen captures in the next few posts.

Please note the info and screen shots are of the latest Beta Version and some details/functions may be changed or added in the release version.

BTW a disclaimer, I am in no way financially affiliated with LevelUpStudio or Tama.. I am just a very satisfied customer of his products, an occasional beta tester and through this process have come to consider Tama a good friend. I also recognize professional apps/products AND impressive customer support and am always happy to share the same with others. Also none of the information or graphics posted is "official" information from LevelUpStudio or Tama, it is just stuff I created for myself while using Touiteur.

Continued next post.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Touiteur – Twitter client/app from the creators of Beautiful Widgets-touiteur-presentation-900.png  

3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
    Touiteur Initial Setup

After Installing the app and opening the first time you are greeted with this screen..

Unlike some Twitter apps Touiteur is a true Twitter client and is tied seamlessly with your Twitter account(s) using “OAuth”.. and yes it supports multiple accounts. You can color code each account for quick and easy account recognition of the different accounts..

After entering your Twitter login (it will be automatic if you are logged in via your browser) you see the Authorize Screen

After clicking “Allow” you will get this confirmation screen..

Then you can back out to Touiteur or use the Home button and restart the app and you see the main Touiteur page.. it may take a few seconds to populate your latest tweets (number of tweets displayed is selectable in settings).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Touiteur – Twitter client/app from the creators of Beautiful Widgets-first-time-start-screen-m.png   Touiteur – Twitter client/app from the creators of Beautiful Widgets-add-accounts-m.png   Touiteur – Twitter client/app from the creators of Beautiful Widgets-authorize-accounts-m.png   Touiteur – Twitter client/app from the creators of Beautiful Widgets-connection-allowed-m.png  
  4. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
    Touiteur Main app Page

Other than the obvious button options on the bottom of the page you also have a pull down “Send Tweet” screen at the top (similar to Notification pull down). If you notice it has a “ Shrink(URL)” button since Touiteur has built in support for Bit.ly!

Tapping any Tweet will drop down a Menu below the specific Tweet..

As expected tapping the “Reply” button brings up the Send Tweet screen ready to reply to the specific Tweet.

Similar result with the “Links” button..

The other buttons in the Specific Tweet drop down menu are obvious, but here are the options of the “More” Button..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Touiteur – Twitter client/app from the creators of Beautiful Widgets-new-main-m.png   Touiteur – Twitter client/app from the creators of Beautiful Widgets-pull-down-tweet-screen-m.png   Touiteur – Twitter client/app from the creators of Beautiful Widgets-t-main-drop-m.png   Touiteur – Twitter client/app from the creators of Beautiful Widgets-t-message-m.png   Touiteur – Twitter client/app from the creators of Beautiful Widgets-t-links-m.png  

5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
    Menu Settings and Options

Here are the Menu options when you press the “Menu” soft key

“Jump to Top” and “Edit Profile” are pretty obvious, here is the “Settings” Screen.

First Setting is Manage Accounts where you can add or remove Twitter Accounts.

Next Settings option is “General”.

Next up is the Notifications settings.(More details on Notifications later).
    Please note the Notification screen is “stitched together to show all options at once.

Customize Settings Screen..

URL Shorting Setup Screen.

As you can see the Settings and Features are very thorough and intuitive!
  6. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
    Touiteur On Screen Notifications

Touiteur has the option of on screen notifications of new Tweets in the Android Notification Bar. You can have just a ‘Twitter” Icon for Notifications or a Counter Icon showing the number of new Tweets/Mentions/Messages

Note Twitter Icon to the Left of the USB Icon..

Red “Tweet Count” version of Notification (to left of USB Icon) .
    I think I am going to suggest this be “Twitter blue” instead of red, your thoughts??.

Touiteur Notification in Android Notification Pull down…
  7. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
    Touiteur WIDGETS!!

My personal Favorite part of Touiteur, coming from the “Wizard of Beautiful Widgets” they gotta be good, right?... you decide J

As you will see Tama has outdone himself with the widgets included with Touiteur. Not only do they look like a part of the 2.1(2.0.1) OS , they are very functional and intuitive!

Currently in the latest Beta there are 2 feature packed widgets, a 4x1 and a 4x2. I have a feeling Tama will complete the group with a 4x3 and a 4x4, only time will tell.

Android Widget select screen (note they have a “0” in front of them in the bęta for quicker access during testing)

Screen capture showing how well the 4x1 Touiteur Widget matches other 2.1/2.0.1 Éclair Widgets.

Here is a screen capture of the 4x1 and 4x2 Widgets.
    The Widgets automatically scroll through the last 10 Tweets every 30 seconds!
    If you notice on the very bottom of the widgets there are 3 discreet buttons..

The Left button lights up blue when tapped…

…and opens up the “Send Tweet” popup screen J

The Middle button lights up white when tapped…

..and Opens up the Main Touiteur app J

The Right button lights up red when tapped…

…and manually scrolls the last 10 tweets on the widget in the order they were received!

Well that about wraps it up for now. The scary part is Tama created both of these widgets last night while Tweeting back and forth with Jonkyu and I over just a few hours time…we would make suggestions and give him feedback and minutes later we would have a new beta in our mailbox. He has 9 days left before the scheduled release and there is no telling what kind of goodies he will come up with between now and then!

Currently it is my understanding there will be a free version, most likely without widgets and multiple account support, and a full version for 1.99 euros. That is just my understanding from some of Tama’s tweets and I am sure we will announce exact details soon.

Whatever the price ends up being I don’t think you can find a more creative, professional and supportive developer on the Market to support. With the fantastic Beautiful Widgets and now Touiteur I can’t wait to see what Tama comes up with next!!

Your discussion, ideas, comments and feedback are welcome and encouraged.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Looks amazing, I've been waiting for this one since I saw it on his website
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Hey guys!!! As one of the Touiteur Beta-testers just wanted to chime in and show some support! I have had a really hard time finding a twitter client that I like...I've tried Twidroid, Twidget, Swift, Seesmic, Twicca, and Tweetcaster but none of them felt like they balanced Functionality, with a simple and clean UI that didn't feel so "robotic" to use.

Then Along came Touiteur!! This app is very very sleek; the UI is not at all Cluttered like Tweetcaster. It's simple like Twidroid but polished like Seesmic. It offers little touches of beauty from it's slight animations, from the "sliding-out" of the New tweet pane, to the bubble pop-up that shows you your tweet options/menu this program allows you to really enjoy looking at your tweets rather than feeling like it's a chore. It's the little details that really make this program a joy to use.

One of the best features on Touiteur is it's widgets! NONE of the twitter apps out today have been able to offer a good widget for displaying tweets. Twidroid's is big and clunky and waste's space on your Homescreen, and Twidget's functionality is severely limited. Touiteur's widgets are pretty much perfect. They allow you to stay up-to-date with your latest tweets at the same time allow you to update your own tweets all from the same widget. It functions like a cross between The 2.1 New's widget and the Stock Power Control Widget. Instead of news you get the latest 10 tweets and the bottom is divided in three functions. So you pretty much get a lot of the functionality of the app in just a widget. It's really amazing, Tama was able to accomplish in one "coding session" with us what today's android twitter apps haven't. That is to create a widget that is functional and simple but at the same time powerful.

Before beta-testing Touiteur I was using Tweetcaster, feature-wise it's amazing but the cluttered UI and only being able to see 4-5 tweets was very annoying to me. Touiteur is easily becoming closer and closer to becoming my dream twitter client, something that offers a polished simple UI but has enough Functionality and Features to keep me happy.

I'm not at-all a die-hard twitter user. I tweet here and there but I mostly use it to keep up-to-date with some of the tech news sites/companies that I support. When I do want to tweet I want to know and trust that I'll be able to accomplish what I need to do in a effective and timely manner. I probably consider myself an Average/Power User (more average than power, but I would like to trust that I'd have the features that a Power user needs if I ever become more Twitter involved). Coming from this point-of-view Touiteur almost fits everything I need, so any "average" twitter user will find it's feature-set absolutely perfect and be completely happy using it!

Some things that I absolutely would love to see added to Touiteur's current feature-set is:

1) The ability to add followers to a new tweet via selection menu rather than typing in their name

2) Ability to turn off real names

3) "Quick follow" feature

4) Threaded conversation view for mentions and direct messages.

5) Saved searches

*6) Maybe, nearby search?

7) Sharing Support in outside Apps

These features are the only reason I'm still eye-balling Tweetcaster from the Corner of my eye lol! Otherwise I'm hooked on Touiteur!

Because it's still in beta a lot of these features might still be coming. Judging by how quickly Tama was able to code the already masterful widget I'm sure that all these features could be added before the release and if it fits Tama's Vision for how he wants Touiteur to be. And if not, from experience with how Tama updates, I'm sure he won't hesitate to add features if enough demand is brought forth (he's an amazing dev, one of the few that I've seen that really reaches out to his customers)!

My hopes for this thread along with Dave's is that we are able to show a preview of Touiteur and get the word out! Also to see if anyone else had any ideas of features that Tama might be able to add/give him an idea of what people might want.

So get ready folks Touiteur is coming sooon!!

P.S.- I am in no way paid by Tama for this, I'm just a supporter trying to help out a great dev! (*cough*butit'dbenicetogetafreecopy!*cough*) Hahaha lol j/k I'll gladly pay to support this great app!!!
    Last edited by JonKyu; 02-07-2010 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Added another feature request
  10. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motor Droid & Droid Eris
    Premium Member
    Thanks Jon, much better description from someone with a lot more Twitter experience than me! Great Job!

..and just like you I will be buying this app for myself (and my wife) to show my support!

The more great devs we support who are coding quality Android apps, the better it will be for all of us "Droids" in the long run!

On top of that Tama's impressive customer support and proactive response to customer wants/needs is second to none!

I am looking forward to seeing what the final product will be, hopefully a lot of people here will give him some really great ideas.
  11. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Moved to correct Sub-Forum.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Links