I'm the developer of WebSharing, just discovered this site from looking at our server's referrer logs as a few people were talking about it over in the Motorola Phone Portal thread.
Please feel free to ask any questions about it here. Feature suggestions/questions are very much welcome.
And now for the standard app description/info...
More screenshots available @ android.nextapp.com
WebSharing enables you to wirelessly transfer files to and from your phone/device using only a web browser. You can play and manage music, view your photographs, and manage files on your device using your WI-FI network.
- File Browser: Use the file browser to upload and download content to and from your device. The file browser also provides file management features including creating folders, and renaming and deleting items. A multiple file upload feature (available on browsers that support Flash) allows you to quickly upload many files to your device at the same time.
- Music: A built-in music player (playback requires Flash) enables you to stream music from your device to your computer. The music tab features the ability to browse by album, artist, and playlist. Tracks can be uploaded and downloaded wirelessly, with the capability to send/receive multiple tracks at once.
- Photos: The photo browser lets you display and download photos from your device on your computer.
- Videos: You can use the video player to watch movies recorded from your phone.
- Status: A status monitor lets you see the current state of your phone, including its battery charge state, disk usage, processor utilization and wireless signal strength.
- User Control: Two configurable user accounts, "owner" and "guest", allow fine-grained control over what content is accessible through WebSharing. The owner account can see all content on the device, while the guest account can only view certain items that you specify. Each account has its own password and can be quickly enabled or disabled from the main screen of the application.
- Coming Soon: In future releases, support for creating and editing playlists, and displaying photo slideshows will be added. USB and WebDAV support are under development as well.
The application runs as a service on your phone, freeing you to perform other tasks with the phone while it is in use. An indicator will appear in the notification bar when WebSharing is active.
WebSharing does not send any information over the Internet to NextApp or third party servers. All communication is made directly from your computer to your phone and vice-versa. There is no monthly fee or online registration associated with the product.
The full version is available for $2.99 on the market. A "Lite" version with only the file transfer feature is available for free. The Lite version is however quite functional and does not contain ads/nagging.