I did not develop this app.
Website: Petit Poucet, a free GPS Map application for Android
Reddit.com thread by the developer: I needed a better application than Google Maps to help me find my way back while walking. So I made it.
Petit Poucet is a replacement of Google Maps with some features that you need when you walk, features lacking in the original application.
With Petit Poucet you can
- from time to time, simply put a marker of your position, just with one thumb
- look at your altitude
- survey the compass
- look at all markers in order, for example, to retrieve the point where you left your car
- review the time between two markers
- survey the state of the GPS satellites used for the positioning
- look at the circuits made before, long after, as each circuit and each marker is automatically saved
- rename or delete, when you want, any mark: just click on it on the map
- retrieve the location of a mark by clicking on it on the list
And this is simple, the application having been designed by a hiker who didn't want to sit and look at his Android device, but just pick a look when needed. Petit Poucet is available on the market, but you can download it from here if you prefer : Petit Poucet for Android
Don't forget that this application is free : if you use it, take the time to send a kind message to firstname.lastname@example.org. I'm always available for discussions about new features or bugs.