DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Simply Draw

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid - BB 1.1 950Mhz

Simply Draw

Ive put together a droid-centric drawing application that makes use of our oppressed multi-touch hardware. Its not much, but if you just want to draw with one or more fingers and no ads then this is probably what your looking for. You can change the brush size and the color the brush draws with and the last update lets you save & share your drawings. Although it seems complete it is still a demo (beta) while I iron out a full set of features.

Screenshots @ Androlib: Simply Draw (multi-touch) v1.0 Application for Android | Demo

Note: The full (non-demo) version will still be free.

Search for Simply Draw in the Android Market
    -or-
    Scan this:

Adding/Changing features often, use this thread if you have any questions or may have found a bug. Thanks!
    Electronics tools done right: ResistorID.com
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    I have to say two thumbs up for simply draw thus far. The latest updates (biezer curves, grayscale. Etc) plus the pure responsiveness are great. My 3 year old and I enjoy drawing together with every day.

I do have a few suggestions on the interface. Selecting colors is difficult with the small color wheel. Enlarging that would be great. Also allowing users to input RGB values and adding an eyedropper to sample color would vastly help when matching colors.

If your not familiar with the Nintendo DS homebrew /iPhone apparently "Colors" do check it out as they have an amazing interface for small screen devices. Colors! Gallery -

Thanks and keep up the good work.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid - BB 1.1 950Mhz
    I agree, the color wheel needs to fill the screen. It also seems the way it is now has a lot colors that would be impossible to make. I need to build a full HSL color selector... an inner and outer ring? or something more like Colors!'s shape in the middle and a button to select? Either way, I think that it's about time to make the program support multiple color selectors, have that eye dropper, undo, and some simple zoom effects as someone pointed out so they could make more complex images.
    Electronics tools done right: ResistorID.com
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Great news. I use Colors! quite a bit on the DS and Corel Painter on my workstation. An HSL color wheel would be amazing. A basic 2 stage zoom would also be great.

Another suggestion is to remove the task bar from view when the app is running.

Thanks for listening!

Links