DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: New Android App : Droid Anime

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Wildfire

New Android App : Droid Anime

I would like to announce the arrival of a new application in the Market. The app name is Droid Anime.

Droid Anime is a free application that allows you to watch Anime on your Android Phone. The application currently includes and allows you to watch many popular series like Naruto, Death Note, Shipuuden, Vampire Knight and many more.

Anime series addition requests may be sent to us by filling up the support form on our website.

DroidAnime.com

New anime are added every week and the best part is that you do not have to update the application every time we add an Anime series.

Hope you love the new application and looking to hear from you.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Nice. Watching Cowboy BeBop right now.

I assume it is streaming. Does it buffer so that if I lose data connection it will continue? This will be perfect for my daily train commute if so (we have a little dead spot in one of the tunnels).

Alan
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Wildfire
    Thanks for downloading.

I haven't tested it like that. But. it should work fine if it buffers completely and your connection is cut off.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Nice watching Code Geass atm
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Thanks for downloading.

I haven't tested it like that. But. it should work fine if it buffers completely and your connection is cut off.
    I'll let you know how it handles it. Not sure if I am going in tomorrow, but certainly by Thursday.

Alan
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Wildfire
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    I'll let you know how it handles it. Not sure if I am going in tomorrow, but certainly by Thursday.
    Alan
    Thank you. I tested it myself. It works till the point it has buffered, after which it displays a 'No Connection' error.

Minor UPDATE : BLEACH has been added. Please close the application on your phone and open it again to get it. If that doesn't work, Go to Manag Applications -> Droid Anime ->Clear Cache/Data
    Last edited by darklift; 02-02-2011 at 03:17 AM.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Alan
    Thank you. I tested it myself. It works till the point it has buffered, after which it displays a 'No Connection' error.
    I didn't realize when I first ran it that you are basically front-ending Youtube (at least for Cowboy Beebop and Samurai Champloo, the latter not viewable in the US unfortunately). Not sure if you are using other hosts for other anime. So any buffering or no connection issues would be with that host. Makes sense, and is a plus for the app since I was concerned if it got popular and you were hosting the videos that it would get shut down for bandwidth usage.

Alan
    Last edited by techguru; 02-02-2011 at 08:56 AM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Wildfire
    I didn't realize when I first ran it that you are basically front-ending Youtube (at least for Cowboy Beebop and Samurai Champloo, the latter not viewable in the US unfortunately). Not sure if you are using other hosts for other anime. So any buffering or no connection issues would be with that host. Makes sense, and is a plus for the app since I was concerned if it got popular and you were hosting the videos that it would get shut down for bandwidth usage.
    Alan
    I was hoping that not many realize that the vids are from YouTube. Yes, all videos in the current version are from YouTube.
    However, if everything goes as planned, we'll be having single link Episodes on the Next Version. We know it's hard for the users to watch the episodes split into parts. Also, YouTube makes it a point to frequently delete the videos. This takes up a lot of our time as we have to find other links for the episodes.

The next version will also include a major UI upgrade. In fact, it'll look pretty neat. This one is way too simple.

In the meantime, you can make Anime requests here.
    Droid Anime - Support Forums

Suggestions are welcome too.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola electify
    i cant find it on the store

Links