DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: New Android App : Droid Anime

  1. Junior Droid
    darklift's Avatar
    Member #
    166686
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    HTC Wildfire
    #1

    New Android App : Droid Anime

    I would like to announce the arrival of a new application in the Market. The app name is Droid Anime.

    Droid Anime is a free application that allows you to watch Anime on your Android Phone. The application currently includes and allows you to watch many popular series like Naruto, Death Note, Shipuuden, Vampire Knight and many more.

    Anime series addition requests may be sent to us by filling up the support form on our website.

    DroidAnime.com


    New anime are added every week and the best part is that you do not have to update the application every time we add an Anime series.


    Hope you love the new application and looking to hear from you.
  2. Master Droid
    techguru's Avatar
    Member #
    275
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    585
    #2
    Nice. Watching Cowboy BeBop right now.

    I assume it is streaming. Does it buffer so that if I lose data connection it will continue? This will be perfect for my daily train commute if so (we have a little dead spot in one of the tunnels).

    Alan
  3. Junior Droid
    darklift's Avatar
    Member #
    166686
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    HTC Wildfire
    #3
    Thanks for downloading.

    I haven't tested it like that. But. it should work fine if it buffers completely and your connection is cut off.
  4. Master Droid
    MrCapcom's Avatar
    Member #
    13624
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    329
    Phone
    BIONIC
    #4
    Nice watching Code Geass atm
  5. Master Droid
    techguru's Avatar
    Member #
    275
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    585
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Thanks for downloading.

    I haven't tested it like that. But. it should work fine if it buffers completely and your connection is cut off.
    I'll let you know how it handles it. Not sure if I am going in tomorrow, but certainly by Thursday.

    Alan
  6. Junior Droid
    darklift's Avatar
    Member #
    166686
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    HTC Wildfire
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    I'll let you know how it handles it. Not sure if I am going in tomorrow, but certainly by Thursday.
    Alan
    Thank you. I tested it myself. It works till the point it has buffered, after which it displays a 'No Connection' error.

    Minor UPDATE : BLEACH has been added. Please close the application on your phone and open it again to get it. If that doesn't work, Go to Manag Applications -> Droid Anime ->Clear Cache/Data
    Last edited by darklift; 02-02-2011 at 03:17 AM.
  7. Master Droid
    techguru's Avatar
    Member #
    275
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    585
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    I'll let you know how it handles it. Not sure if I am going in tomorrow, but certainly by Thursday.
    Alan
    Thank you. I tested it myself. It works till the point it has buffered, after which it displays a 'No Connection' error.
    I didn't realize when I first ran it that you are basically front-ending Youtube (at least for Cowboy Beebop and Samurai Champloo, the latter not viewable in the US unfortunately). Not sure if you are using other hosts for other anime. So any buffering or no connection issues would be with that host. Makes sense, and is a plus for the app since I was concerned if it got popular and you were hosting the videos that it would get shut down for bandwidth usage.

    Alan
    Last edited by techguru; 02-02-2011 at 08:56 AM.
  8. Junior Droid
    darklift's Avatar
    Member #
    166686
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    HTC Wildfire
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    I didn't realize when I first ran it that you are basically front-ending Youtube (at least for Cowboy Beebop and Samurai Champloo, the latter not viewable in the US unfortunately). Not sure if you are using other hosts for other anime. So any buffering or no connection issues would be with that host. Makes sense, and is a plus for the app since I was concerned if it got popular and you were hosting the videos that it would get shut down for bandwidth usage.
    Alan
    I was hoping that not many realize that the vids are from YouTube. Yes, all videos in the current version are from YouTube.
    However, if everything goes as planned, we'll be having single link Episodes on the Next Version. We know it's hard for the users to watch the episodes split into parts. Also, YouTube makes it a point to frequently delete the videos. This takes up a lot of our time as we have to find other links for the episodes.

    The next version will also include a major UI upgrade. In fact, it'll look pretty neat. This one is way too simple.

    In the meantime, you can make Anime requests here.
    Droid Anime - Support Forums

    Suggestions are welcome too.
  9. Droid Newbie
    bubba1991's Avatar
    Member #
    263383
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    motorola electify
    #9
    i cant find it on the store

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. **HELP... with Bootload anime and LWP.
    By BlackMarket in forum LithiumMod
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 10:51 PM
  2. Anime Avatars
    By RobStemen in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 08:31 PM
  3. What Anime do you have on your DROID?
    By MrCapcom in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 08:01 AM
  4. Who likes Anime?
    By MrCapcom in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 01:45 PM
  5. Anime Videos Formatted for the Droid?
    By Lady Droid in forum Android Audio and Video
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 01:42 PM

Search tags for this page

android anime app

,
anime android app
,

anime android apps

,
anime app android
,

anime app for android

,

anime apps for android

,
best anime app for android
,
watch anime android app
,

watch anime on android

,

watch bleach on android

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+