Need a few adventurous souls to test ApeX 1.3.1
I'm trying to port the newest version of Apex to the D2. This is built off the official 2.2.1 OTA update for the DX, and is Gingerbread themed. You can get some more info at this thread:
So my previous port (22.214.171.124) made use of the D2 2.3.20 system as a base, and I just added in the Apex goodies. That worked fine and dandy, but I saw that kejar31 posted this following method to porting a DX ROM to a D2 ROM:
So I gave that a try, and this here is the result. So if there are a few brave souls who'd like to flash this and give me some feedback, that'd be great. I'd really like to know the following:
1. Does the dialer and contacts app work (I had to swap in D2 versions of these apps in my previous port)
2. Does it behave properly with the D2 hard keyboard (I'm pretty sure it will, because those files are part of kejar31's file)
3. Does the screen shut off properly? (I remember this being an issue when I first ported Apex without using the D2 system)
4. Does the overclock script work? (this uses a new module made for the DX's new kernel, but I think it should work with the D2 also)
5. Any other issues that arise
While I'm pretty sure this will boot, please know how to, and be able to SBF your phone if something goes wrong!
-Please wipe data and cache to ensure a clean installation.