DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Custom comics-related wallpapers, boot logos & animations

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)

Thor boot animation

From Marvel's new Thor movie website,

10.5s boot animation plays super smooth at 24fps on my D1 due to its tiny size. The audio plays in perfect sync as it came from the same swf source.

It's plain and simple, but I love it!

Both the bootanimation.zip and audio file are included in the archive. Extract and place in /system/media. Your phone must already be capable of playing sound during boot. If you aren't, read my first post.

Edited to add the oriented version, playing 90 degrees CW so you can watch it full screen. This one's a bit slow (not unbearable and the sound isn't a big deal) on my D1 but should play fine on D2 & DX.

enjoy
    Attached Images  
    Attached Files
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)

Thor movie wallpaper and boot logo

D1 boot logo with bmp included for you D2 & DX users to make your own.

Wallpaper based on movie logo and concept art.

cool

edit: added version optimized for my homescreen with beautiful widgets home and adw launcher
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Custom comics-related wallpapers, boot logos & animations-blg_thor_movie_bootlogo.jpg   Custom comics-related wallpapers, boot logos & animations-thor_movie_ca_droid.jpg   Custom comics-related wallpapers, boot logos & animations-thor_movie_ca_droidhome.jpg  
    Attached Files
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)

Spider-Man 3 movie wallpapers

SM3 wallpapers to match the Marvel animations with SM music.

I've formatted these to fit my homescreen as well.... looks better I think on Droid screen since you only see half the screen at one time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Custom comics-related wallpapers, boot logos & animations-sm3_black_droid.jpg   Custom comics-related wallpapers, boot logos & animations-sm3_red_droid.jpg  
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Thanks for the links in your 1st post. I used SUPERę and took frames from the Shattered Dimensions commercial. Now to get the txt thing working cause mine hasn't yet.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Z 15 View Post
    Thanks for the links in your 1st post. I used SUPERę and took frames from the Shattered Dimensions commercial. Now to get the txt thing working cause mine hasn't yet.
    Make sure you have a line break after the last line.

When you zip don't forget to use store compression level (zero compression)

Both of these can give you a black screen

Have you tried to boot anything yet?
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    I actually used your txt file and did mine to 24fps. It came out good, but I think I need to shorten it a bit as its getting cut off at the end. Its no biggie though. Want me to put my zip file in this thread or I can make my own. I plan on making at least 3 more for the rest of the spiderman eras in the shattered dimensions game. Next up BOOT LOGOS. Thanks for your help.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    I actually used your txt file and did mine to 24fps. It came out good, but I think I need to shorten it a bit as its getting cut off at the end. Its no biggie though. Want me to put my zip file in this thread or I can make my own. I plan on making at least 3 more for the rest of the spiderman eras in the shattered dimensions game. Next up BOOT LOGOS. Thanks for your help.
    However you want to do it. As I stated in my first post, I want anyone to post here their own work if they like. There's not exactly any place to go for this sort of material and I'd love to be able to choose from other people's submissions as well as offer my own.

I'm also hoping we can get requests going that will help fuel the creation of more animations and even possibly partial or complete themes.

If you have any questions or trouble getting your stuff working, I'd be more than willing to help
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    I actually started this thread because I think it's fairly easy to crank out wallpaper, boot logos, and even animations to some extent. I've been helping out making custom boot logos because they're quick and easy. One can only help out for so long, though. While I can, I might as well be working on stuff I enjoy while I'm at it. Boot animations take a bit more time and maybe technical know-how, but it's easy enough to answer questions to help others get their stuff done. The more people doing this, the more we all have to choose from.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    I actually used your txt file and did mine to 24fps. It came out good, but I think I need to shorten it a bit as its getting cut off at the end.
    Is your animation playing at the proper speed or is it actually running slow and being cropped before the ending?

I noticed some things on mine that made a difference. Full screen animations, using the entire 480x854 screen, especially those at 24 fps, run very slow on my Droid. When measured, they actually tend to run an average around 6 fps (dividing total frames by time played from beginning to end). D2 and DX users stand a much better chance at playing those animations at full speed.

If the animation doesn't take up the entire frame of your screen, then crop it as much as possible. Try slowing down the fps too if needed. If you're working with 24 fps video and use 10 seconds of it, that's 240 total frames. Your animation may play just fine, but if not, 120 frames at 12 fps may actually play smoother and look better.

All that being said, I came to realize that my animations played much faster with sound. I don't understand why, but my first animations at 24 fps took 30+ seconds from beginning to lock screen. The same animations with sound added to them completed much faster, often 3 times as fast!
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Links