DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Custom comics-related wallpapers, boot logos & animations

1. I r Teh Greetest
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    GNex & D3
    Hmm I see. Lol My phone likes to end its boot process right after Vader ignites his lightsaber. I think its' only played all the way through like twice.

I can PM you the trailer link for SW:tOR though on a sidenote.
    | Galaxy S4 | Eclipse v3/Hyperdrive RSL15 |
    |
    |

2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonnor View Post
    Hmm I see. Lol My phone likes to end its boot process right after Vader ignites his lightsaber. I think its' only played all the way through like twice.

I can PM you the trailer link for SW:tOR though on a sidenote.
    I would wager that is because the animation is playing slowly on your phone. Before I enabled sound on my phone, all of my animations tended to run slowly. Particularly, those animations WITH sound, play much faster than the identical animation without sound. I know that sounds weird, but it's true. The starkiller vs vader animation is 195 frames and instructed to run at 15 fps via desc.txt. That should be 13 seconds of playtime. Vader ignites his saber just past the halfway mark around 7-9 seconds I believe. If you read some of my lengthy, earlier posts, you'll see how I have some animations taking twice as long (slowing down noticeably near the end), though it's hard to see how slow until you see one play at full speed.

My dilemma is the audio is about 15.2 sec long. I added a 2 sec (30 frames) pause at the end of the animation to give it time to play the last couple of seconds of audio, but I'm still getting clipping, even though everything plays in sync as far as I can tell. I may mess with it here after lunch.

Right now, I've been downloading trailers and wallpaper for SWtOR! heh, which trailer are you referring to in particular, the "deceived" cinematic trailer? That one and the "hope" cinematic trailer are both amazing! Eyegasmic, force-gripping, masterpieces that represent what fans wanted from the prequel movies!

I read a stupid rumor years ago that Lucas had, in fact, planned to have a sequel trilogy, but that he only planned to make them once CGI had enabled him to fulfill his vision the way live actors cannot. Now watching these trailers, that seems like a brilliant idea! CGI still can't replace live actors, but the last few years have certainly shown improvement. While this isn't going to fool the human eye into believing it's real, it would still make a highly entertaining video experience.
  3. I r Teh Greetest
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    GNex & D3
    I personally loved the "Deceived" Trailer. Lol It was so epic in my opinion. I have it saved to my computer.

SW:TOR is pretty much the only PC game that I'm looking forward to for the past 2-ish years.

I might try and fiddle with my settings (Boot Sounds) and all and see if things will differ for me.

|
    |

4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by djakrse View Post
    This trailer for SWtFU2 kicks so much a** I just had to see what it would look like on my phone... the audio.ogg must be placed in /system/media. Read the original post in this thread for more info. Enjoy!
    My only complaint with this was the playback of the audio, which seemed to be clipped off at the end and a bit loud at bootup.

It turns out, I believe, the clipping was just due to the sudden decrease in volume between the final sound effect and the end of the clip, coupled with the louder playback at boot.

The volume is quite harsh when you are in an environment you don't want particularly loud sound effects, e.g. anywhere around ppl sleeping. (AARRGGHH!!) I did most of my testing via terminal while booted, and the playback volume is probably controlled by the "media volume" (usually kept somewhere between 3-10/15 via Quick Settings app), so the difference can be substantial.

Anyhow, I finally got around to playing with the volume a bit. I knocked the gain down -9 dB and I also faded out the final trumpeting of sound near the end of the clip. I've tested on the ol' laptop at low volume and successfully rebooted phone without scaring my boy out of sleep next to me.

My first opinion is that it no longer sounds clipped or harsh and the volume is easily muffled. If any of those that have already tried this animation want to try out the new sound, go ahead. I'll try again later this weekend for a better compromise in volume if needed. Just replace the current /system/media/audio.ogg with this one.

Any feedback is welcome.
    Attached Files
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by juhde View Post
    1: open terminal or connect phone to adb console
    2: type su
    3: type bootanimation

You don't need to reboot to watch your boot animation, just run the binary file in terminal.
    Quoting the important part, thanks to juhde for making me aware of this. Testing boot animations is obviously so much faster without having to reboot.

I'm now testing with both my original D1 bootanimation binary and the D2R2D2 binary, which enables sound. In testing this way, I'm now comparing exact playback times and it's made me aware that, even fully booted and clocked at 800mhz (USB charging profile), animations still play much faster with the D2R2D2's binary. So obviously, the D2R2D2 binary not only enables sound, but guarantees playback is more accurate.

That makes replacing the bootanimation binary beneficial for anyone, regardless of whether you care about sound in your animations. The D1's bootanimation binary never played animations as fast as the desc.txt instructs. I used to think this new binary made the phone devote more resources to the boot animation process to maintain the sync with sound. It's more like the D2R2D2's binary is simply superior and the D1 was never meant to have complex animations.

That, my friends, is why this sort of community will always be needed, and why I love modding my phone!

(now, if only we could get sound working on the gingerbread environment)
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)

Marvel flip pages (Fantastic Four) boot animation

I've been wanting to make this animation since I had the idea for my original one. That one is from the opening to Spider-man and this one is from the opening of Fantastic Four. The pages' content is therefore from the FF comics and is blue-themed versus the red of Spider-man.

Unfortunately, the source I went from was 672x272 (2.47:1 -- probably cropped from the original 2.39:1?) and had to be considerably cropped just to look good.

Like my previous Marvel animation, this one is 24fps and kicks a**. I've made the standard portrait and landscape versions. There is also a letterboxed version to add back what I cropped. See both previews for comparison.

Testing showed both played accurately (14s flat) on my D1 with the D2R2D2's bootanimation binary. Playback with my D1's original binary resulted in 22s play times. I'll make a 12fps version by request only for those who either don't want to root or don't want the updated binary, though as I've laid out above, it seems like a maintenance update needed for the D1.

Check out the first post in this thread for information on installation or getting the D2R2D2 binary.
  7. I r Teh Greetest
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    GNex & D3
    I'm pretty sure all my Boot Animations are made by you. lol Great work as always man.
    |
    |

8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonnor View Post
    I'm pretty sure all my Boot Animations are made by you. lol Great work as always man.
    Thanks, I wish I could spend more time doing this. I've got so many things I want to be working on, but then I've got real work that pays the bills.

I'm actually amazed at how much I've been able to accomplish in this and the boot logos threads. The wallpapers particularly can take forever, depending on how complex they are. I've always got a few to work on so that's fun. I'm glad too that I've got somewhere I can share them and that others enjoy what I do.
  9. I r Teh Greetest
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    GNex & D3
    Lol Start charging for more intricate work :P I'd donate if I had a up and running PayPal.
    |
    |

10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)

The Dark Knight boot animation

This has been a long time coming. It was one of my first ideas as an animation and I ripped the source before the holidays to give me something to work on. (I was either too busy or too tired to do anything)

The original trailer was a bit lengthy and I had an idea to shorten it, but it seems to work out ok for me using the entire source. As it is, the animation is almost 22s in length. It plays exactly that on my D1 with the D2R2D2 bootanimation binary, and with my D1 binary the landscape version played in 26 seconds; only slightly slower than before.

My actual reboot playtimes were 22 and 24 seconds for the standard and landscape versions, respectively. I hope any TDK fans enjoy this for a few boots at least. If you're hardcore, I have boot logos and wallpapers either in this thread or my gallery. Enjoy.

EDIT: I tried playing these at 18fps and it looks incredible, so here they are. These will obviously play faster, finishing in 2/3 the time. If the 12fps ones played too slow for your taste, the 18fps versions should work perfectly.
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Links