DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Custom comics-related wallpapers, boot logos & animations

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Here's a WIP wallpaper I've been working on the last couple of days for the new Thor movie. It's made from the promo pics or concept art from the movie.

I'm still trying to tweak a couple of things, but what do ya'll think?

Gallery
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)

Captain America The First Avenger

This wallpaper is made from the teaser site for Captain America: The First Avenger. The original is pretty dark so I lightened it up a bit. The 3rd one I cleaned the noise up and enhanced the color.

Unfortunately, the gritty look isn't my favorite, does anyone have a clue if the source is available for that shield image? I'd like to have an unfiltered, full color version.

Here's another one of the awesome concept art by Ryan Meinerding.

Gallery
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Sorry I've been slacking lately. I've been deep into ninjamorphing a lot of spiderman stuff into UD2.5. Time consuming to come up with ideas for images, find images on google, and then modifying the google images.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    I've been adding wallpapers to the gallery, generally the comic art and movie sections, though to others as well.

Today I added an awesome illustration of Captain America by Adi Granov to the comic art section. The costume is similar to the movie one so I also slapped the movie title onto it and put a copy in the movie section. Unfortunately, there's just nothing official from the movie out there yet, but some of the cover art on comics these days could pass for movie promos.

Since this whole thread is about comic stuff, here's some of the other ones I've uploaded:

I don't think Michael Turner was one of the greatest comic artists for his style, but he knew how to make a work of art. He made his art work as a whole, including design and color. These are two of my favs:

I'm also a huge fan of the Star Wars universe, so I made a couple from official game wallpapers, cleaning up the text to make them usable (IMO official promo wallpapers always look great but tend to wear out quick because of the text and these were huge):

Nobody's commented on my WIP of Thor I made from the concept/promo art. I know people are viewing it, so I guess some approve. Tonight I noticed one of the shots of the movie's helmet props were almost dead on straight so I hastily cut and pasted it onto my wallpaper to see what it would look like. It's so close to the right angle I added the same effects I used overall and I think it looks awesome, despite the quick and dirtyness of it all. I didn't even block out all the glares from the display lighting. Anyone care to comment?

Gallery
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Here's a boot logo and wallpaper from the photo release for the new Spider-Man movie due out 2012.

Boot Logo preview-

Download Link-
    New_Spider-Man.sbf

Wallpaper- Click for it. Its been uploaded to the wallpapers section of the site

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Custom comics-related wallpapers, boot logos & animations-new_spiderman_boot_logo.jpg  
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    I've uploaded some Marvel and DC collage wallpapers. The thumbnails are useless, but for those of you who appreciate your horror vacui, or can't resist, read no further! These are kind of a where's waldo of comic book characters, but I love 'em.

Marvel Universe poster by Ed Hannigan & Joe Rubinstein, which I believe is a collage of the covers of the OHotMU

Avengers poster by George Perez & Tom Smith. Perez is one of the great Avengers artists of all time.

JLA/Avengers #3 cover by George Perez.

Gallery

These have a regular, centered version and one adjusted to fit between clock widget and launcher, which is the version I use.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    I'm satisfied with my Thor wallpapers so here they are, with and without his helmet. The title has been adjusted for clock/weather widgets for both as well.

I got the helmet from a fan photo of the movie props on display at SDCC '10, which just happened to be at about the right angle. Enjoy.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Here's Captain America by John Byrne, one of the greatest comic artists of all time.

The B&W is a cleaned up scan of his original pencil and ink. In the color version, I combined a color scan of the published double-paged splash from Captain America #255 with the b&w artwork.

Also I've uploaded a wallpaper I made from an illustration by John Buscema & Joe Jusko. I believe this is a repainted version by Jusko of the original they did for the cover of Hulk Magazine #26.

The smaller one fits better within the screen

Gallery

Enjoy.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    These are from the kickarse official wallpapers from SM3. The bottom text came off the day I downloaded them, but removing the 3 wasn't a priority since it looked pretty cool.

I just removed the 3 now that a friend requested it. I did both red and black and the blended ones to complete the set.

Gallery

Edit: I updated the blended ones to fix the mismatched joints.
  10. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Here's a Batman boot animation I made awhile ago for the Eris. It's been cleaned up, resized, and optimized for the D1. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9903887/bootanimationbatman.zip (just rename to bootanimation.zip upon downloading)

It looks pretty much like this: Boot Animation for Batman Fans: - Android Forums

The middle part is cut out, so it runs faster, more action. The last scene is just a Batman wallpaper: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9903887/defaultB_wallpaper.jpg (So you can download separately. Sized for the D1 960 x 480)

Enjoy.
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Links