[MOD|Release] Halo: Reach "Noble Team" theme/layout
What's up everybody. This is my initial release for my Noble Team layout for your Android phone!
***DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THE DESIGNS IN THIS THEME, THEY ARE THE PROPERTY OF BUNGIE AND MICROSOFT. I JUST COPIED THEIR DESIGNS FROM SCRATCH AND MADE IT APPLICABLE TO PHONES***
After 2 days and about 12 hours of total time in Photoshop and testing on my phone, the "theme" is finally here! Almost all graphics were recreated by me from looking off of the screenshots of Halo: Reach.
I say "theme" because it's not a flashable.zip that changes any of the framework files because I haven't quite figured out how to get that to work. Once I do, though, I'll be sure to get to work on it if I get enough interest. As for right now, it's just themed widgets and a pretty genius wallpaper if I do say so myself!
I won't bore you with the trial and error I went through to create this so I'll let a timelapse video of all the work it took to create this beautiful creation do that!
Widgets & apps used in this layout: *widget, -app
* Analog Clock Collection - modded by me (it's the radar you see in the 3rd screen)
* Astrid - modded by me (it's on the 4th screen)
- Widgetlocker - modded by me. I unfortunately can't share this as it's a paid app but I'll share the .PNGs so you can change them yourself!
- ChompSMS - modded by me (2nd screenshot)
How to create this layout:
1. Download the entire theme from here: DOWNLOAD
- I added some extra app icons that I personally didn't use but you can if you like. They're icons of all of the game types in Halo: Reach. Use at your leisure!
2. Extract all of the folders to wherever you like
3. Do whatever it is you do to add your new docks, app icons, dock icons and wallpapers to your phone
4. Setup the dock and things mentioned above how you like
- *You'll need LauncherPro to add the dock and icons
5. Download "Multipicture Live Wallpaper" (free) from the Market
6. When that finishes installing go to your home screen, press Menu, Wallpaper, Live Wallpapers, Multipicture Live Wallpaper
7. Once there hit "Settings" and go through each screen's settings
8. To make these wallpapers work, you have to select "Single Wallpaper" from the "Type of Screen" option and choose whichever wallpaper you want for that screen.
- *Currently I only have 2 embedded wallpapers created, and 3 regular wallpapers for your widgets and such. I'll make more if there are requests.
9. After that's setup, you'll need to configure LauncherPro to 10x10
10. Go to your home screen, hit menu, preferences, homescreen settings and under Rows and Colums: turn each one up to 10 and restart LauncherPro
11. After that's done, download the blank.png image that's been attached
- *This will be used to hide the icons on your homescreen so the embedded icons work flawlessly.
12. To setup these icons you'll have to follow the instructions carefully
- Go to your homescreen, press menu, hit add, shortcuts, then applications and navigate to the Gmail application
- When LauncherPro pops up with the icon and icon name window tap the app icon and navigate to where you saved the blank.png (name it whatever you want or leave it alone, it won't matter later)
- Now you should see just the app name and no icon
- Long-press the icon and move it so that the app name is just under the corresponding icon that's a part of the wallpaper
- Repeat for Facebook and Market
- Once they're in place, test tapping on the embedded icons on the wallpaper and make sure they open the right apps. Sometimes with 10x10 grids on LauncherPro the icons sit a little close, so you may have to fiddle with it.
- After you've got them set perfectly, hit menu, preferences, tap appearance settings and then uncheck "Hide icon labels" and restart LauncherPro
- Test the icons again to make sure they're working. Presto!
13. After that's done, all you have to do is setup the rest how you like!
If I missed any steps, let me know. I'm completely frazzled right now haha.
I don't mind taking requests to make different app icons on the embedded home screen or more dock icons, just please be mindful when you ask. I don't have a whole lot of free time so just be patient and I'll get to them when I can.
If you like this theme or feel like helping a college student out, feel free to donate by clicking my "Donate to Me" badge under my username. Every penny helps!