DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Different colors of Semi-transparent staus-bar-background.PNG's

1. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member

Different colors of Semi-transparent staus-bar-background.PNG's

I've been tinkering again...lol

This time I've tinkered with the status bar background png, and created semi-transparent backgrounds of different colors... This is another idea that I don't see the 'Pro' themers do that much, if at all...not sure why??

Anyways, some screenshots below...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Different colors of Semi-transparent staus-bar-background.PNG's-snap20100926_181035.png   Different colors of Semi-transparent staus-bar-background.PNG's-snap20100926_181058.png   Different colors of Semi-transparent staus-bar-background.PNG's-snap20100926_182944.png   Different colors of Semi-transparent staus-bar-background.PNG's-snap20100926_184213.png   Different colors of Semi-transparent staus-bar-background.PNG's-snap20100926_184933.png  

3. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Some more screenshots... and attached Zip file of the status_bar_background.png's for anyone that'd like to use them in their framework-res.apk's
    To use the transparent status bar background PNGs, just extract from the zip, copy the image into your framework-res folder, then res folder, then drawable-hdpi folder, and once it's copied into that folder, rename it by taking the colr off of the file anme and it will overwrite the status_bar_background.png (for example, the blue png is named status_bar_backgroundBlue.png, just rename that to status_bar_background.png and it will overwrite the existing png in your drawable-hdpi folder... then pack it up using whatever method you guys want, and push back to your Droid.......

EDIT: changed blue screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Different colors of Semi-transparent staus-bar-background.PNG's-snap20100926_190824.png   Different colors of Semi-transparent staus-bar-background.PNG's-snap20100926_192120.png   Different colors of Semi-transparent staus-bar-background.PNG's-snap20100926_195817.png  
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mbk; 09-27-2010 at 12:03 AM.
  4. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Some of the semi-transparent PNGs themselves... these can be copied and pasted to your PC (or Droid) as with any other image...

EDIT:... forgot that if you just copy and paste the images from here, the semi-transparency could be lost... if so, just download the pmg files from the ZIP I posted...

EDIT 2: It will retain the semi-transparent properties if you click on the image first, then right click copy & paste... just tested it and it does...
    Attached Images      
    Last edited by Mbk; 09-27-2010 at 01:03 AM.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Is it possible to achieve this transparency with a multicolored background? I cut an image to the right size and gave it 50% transparency (through GIMP), but when it was pushed to my phone, it was solid.
  6. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Romulet View Post
    Is it possible to achieve this transparency with a multicolored background? I cut an image to the right size and gave it 50% transparency (through GIMP), but when it was pushed to my phone, it was solid.
    Can, but results would vary if colors are too different tone wise...
    Try in RGB mode and use color to alpha white,,,may work OK
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    How do I go about putting this on my phone? Using metamorph? Sorry, a little new to this. I'm using a droid x stock everything.
  8. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooch33 View Post
    How do I go about putting this on my phone? Using metamorph? Sorry, a little new to this. I'm using a droid x stock everything.
    To use the transparent status bar background PNGs, just extract from the zip, copy the image into your framework-res folder, then res folder, then drawable-hdpi folder, and once it's copied into that folder, rename it by taking the colr off of the file anme and it will overwrite the status_bar_background.png (for example, the blue png is named status_bar_backgroundBlue.png, just rename that to status_bar_background.png and it will overwrite the existing png in your drawable-hdpi folder... then pack it up using whatever method you guys want, and push back to your Droid...
    I don't tinker with the X, but I'm sure you can copy the framework-res.apk and alter it with one of these and then copy it back using Terminal or RootExplorer
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    When I go to the framework-res.apk it says view or install. So I view it and go to res then drawable-hdpi. Then I paste the .png. But it doesn't paste it there, it goes back to the regular frame work folder. All root explorer. So what am I missing here, something simple I bet lol.
  10. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooch33 View Post
    When I go to the framework-res.apk it says view or install. So I view it and go to res then drawable-hdpi. Then I paste the .png. But it doesn't paste it there, it goes back to the regular frame work folder. All root explorer. So what am I missing here, something simple I bet lol.
    You would need to copy that framework-res.apk to your computer... this is done by longpressing on it and it will give you the option to copy (make sure it's mounted to R/W)... copy it to your sdcard, then to your PC, then once it's on your PC, extract everything from that .apk using 7zip..... then you will be able to go to the res/drawable-hdpi folder, and overwrite the status background PNG...

Once you have done that, you zip everything back up using 7zip, as archive/store...do not compress it... (remember, you are zipping up what's inside that extracted framework-res folder, and not the folder) ...
    After you have zipped it up, rename it to framework-res.apk, and copy it back to your sdcard...then to your system/framework folder...
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Oh ok. Thanks, I'll try this after I get back from work today

Links