DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GDE vs. Home++ vs. Pandahome

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I am using Pandahome right now and it works well so far, but I have been using it for 2 days now. We will see.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    OneCraigB
    Phone
    HTC One
    Quote Originally Posted by benjr06 View Post
    Out of all three of these, which is the fastest? I'm using pandahome91 at the moment and it seems to slow down tremendously.
    pandahome91 was the first theme that i tried. great at first but my widgets started to goof up and it slowed down from time to time.
    Currently working with Home++. Only thing I dont like about it so far is there are no 3rd party icons...that i know of.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Kang-er-droid
    Are there any home replacements that import your original home setup? (widgets, icon placements...?)
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Have used Home++, Panda, and currently using GDE. Home++ was very nice, I liked the power strip without the notification bar. Wierd stuff started happening to my phone and it would lock up and require a battery pull at the least opportune time (when I actually need to use the phone to call someone ) Panda had some cool features as well, but way too many force closes to be useful to me. Went without any home replacements for a while after I rooted. Decided to try out GDE today, with the stock Hero theme. Very nice, very fast and smooth, 0 FC's. The cube effect is kinda gimmicky, but the application dock is VERY useful.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by roberj13 View Post
    Have used Home++, Panda, and currently using GDE. Home++ was very nice, I liked the power strip without the notification bar. Wierd stuff started happening to my phone and it would lock up and require a battery pull at the least opportune time (when I actually need to use the phone to call someone ) Panda had some cool features as well, but way too many force closes to be useful to me. Went without any home replacements for a while after I rooted. Decided to try out GDE today, with the stock Hero theme. Very nice, very fast and smooth, 0 FC's. The cube effect is kinda gimmicky, but the application dock is VERY useful.
    Been using GDE for quite some time now. I like the 7 screens available and the cube effect scrolling, especially since it eliminates the need to "go back" through screens to get to the other end.

I, too, was using the application dock a lot where I had five or more apps in a set. (Fewer than 5 apps, however, and it saved no screen real estate since the dock is a 1x4 widget.) What I didn't care for was that there was no way to order the apps in a dock in any way other than alphabetically by name.

I've recently added abcOrganizer to the phone and it solves these problems by enabling me to create groups of "shortcuts" that are accessed from a single icon on the screen. This reduces the screen real estate requirements to a single (user-selected) 1x1 icon that when pressed displays a virtually unlimited set of individual apps.

Combined with GDE this allows a relatively clean, minimally cluttered set of individual screens.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by roberj13 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I switched to Home++ the same day I asked the question and for the most part my droid is faster than it was under pandahome. I have had it lock up twice in a week where I've had to yank the battery to fix it, but other than that, its been quite fast.

The only thing about home++ is the lack of user themes/icons. However, using BetterCut and some icons I found on the net, I was able to update a lot of my shortcuts.

Think I'll stick with Home++ for now.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    Tegamal
    Phone
    Rooted Bionic w/ ICS 6.7.2-223
    I use & love GDE.

I'm one of those people that changes their PC desktop background once every few days, & I can tell you how many themes I have downloaded, but I change it out every few days. Not a fan of the cube transition, though.

Very smooth, gives me the 5 screens I need, very few FCs.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Links