DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GDE vs. Home++ vs. Pandahome

1. Johnly
    Home++ is working out great for me. It force closes every so often, but it updates often too. The original home force closes every so often too, so I think they will both improve as time allows. I haven't tried the others because I am getting set I'm my ways on home++ LOL.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    neXus
    I can only comment on GED and Home++, and they are both nice. Currently, I favor the Home++ because, it less gimmicky and the most fluid to me. I'ts very understated esp. with the status bar turned off and flows from one screen to the next as if it was all one big looping screen. The GDE's has a very cool cube transitions between pages, among others (fade, stretch, etc.) and each page can exist independently of each other since they represent a side on a cube. Although the fade effect is simply fade-out your icons then fade-in with the next set. The dock of the GDE is nice esp. with the transparent (obsidian?) theme I personally like functionality of the scrolling bar of the Home++. Performance wise, the edge goes to Home++, the GDE, while very cool, in cube mode it's slightly slower. Both home apps have crashed on me equally, but the Home++ is always updating and seems to be a little better each time. No themes yet on the Home++ while GDE is full of themes; just type in GDE in the market and you'll know what I mean. I personally like my own wall papers anyways so no biggie. Both developers are great and seem to address issues pretty quickly, more so with Home++ than GDE (relatively).

I would suggest anyone interested in trying out a Home replacement to go ahead and install it and live with it (very important) for a few days (longer the better). You can always install multiple home apps and switch it back and forth (if you have not select a default) but it's actually harder to compare that way. I know GDE is not free and the return policy is 24 hours, but it's only a couple of bucks, you prob. spend that on a soda/beer/coffee.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Used pandahome for firs 24-48 hrs but after constant crashing switched to more stable home++. Panda was nice with the 11 screens 2 side vertical scrolling docks but everytime u added a shortcut/widget etc it would crash. got really on my nerves so I switched to home ++ which has 7 screens and i havent looked back since. home++ force closed on me a few times but not as much as pandahome get home++ for free no themes but we can always wait. plus beuatiful wigets looks awesome on it
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Does anyone know how to turn on the notification bar in Home++?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by twigstoy View Post
    Does anyone know how to turn on the notification bar in Home++?
    Long press the notification bar controller at the bottom. I think it was a "!." Sorry I'm not using Home++ ATM, but that's what I remember.
    hth,
    Kent
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    "YES" Thank you very much!!!
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I have been using GDE. Ive Tried others, including DXtop, and Home++ but, keep coming back to GDE for a several reasons.

1. I dont need the built in clocks. I love the clock/weather widget from Weather Widget(donate)
    2. All the others are too busy. DXtop had two drawer things at the bottom. I Have no use to this its just too much junk on the screen. Home++ is the same. They have 5-6 icons on the bottom. Again too much down there and it hides the normal app drawer. I don't need or use all those things enough to want them down there all the time. GDE has two buttons! Perfect amount. I have phone, and contacts on there. everything else i need is on a home screen.
    3. Home screen layout. I like the cube effect and seems to run pretty well on my droid. Most the apps i use on a regular basis are within the first 3 screens. DXTop did have an interesting approach giving you 4 screens within on swipe. but youre limited to only 4 screens.
    4. GDE has a lot of great themes.
    5. I did originally try out DX because the lure of the screen capture. But, it only worked on the homescreens and root + drocap fixed that problem quite handily.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I have a question about GDE. Is there a way to stretch an image so it will fit and not be messed up? I'd like to use 4-5 screens, and I'm not using a generic image that will be fine and not look messed up when scrolling the screen pages. I'd like to use the stretch or cube function and get the image to encompass the number off screens as one image, instead of repeating after 2 screens. Anyone got any ideas, or is it an android thing and I can't stretch the image (or the wallpaper box adjuster) any more than it already allows.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hanano17 View Post
    I have a question about GDE. Is there a way to stretch an image so it will fit and not be messed up? I'd like to use 4-5 screens, and I'm not using a generic image that will be fine and not look messed up when scrolling the screen pages. I'd like to use the stretch or cube function and get the image to encompass the number off screens as one image, instead of repeating after 2 screens. Anyone got any ideas, or is it an android thing and I can't stretch the image (or the wallpaper box adjuster) any more than it already allows.
    i had that problem too and it drove me whack!! i solved it by going to the stock home and setting the wallPaper from there. for some reason the other homes make the wallPaper a dif size than the stock home.
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Home ++ - The Icons at the bottom are there on all 7 screens (if you use 7) and most of them replace an icon you may want to need. I think they look nice and they get rid of the need for me to add additional icons to the screen for the same functionality. Brilliant idea.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links