DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 24K Black Glass Theme - by Cuttalott

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Just loaded up and this thing is sweet cutt! Well done...

There may have been some other gold themes before yours, but none were themed at the level of yours....just beautiful...

I would love to get a themed version of Visual Voicemail (Verizon) if you get a chance to go back and theme some additional icons...the blue icon is driving me crazy on the gold & black background!

Thanks again!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by wesblake View Post
    Installed it on BB and it's as sweet as I expected, love it! Just one comment though, I used to have your red theme, and the notification window was less transparent, it worked really well because it was at a level that it still looked like a window over the top of your widgets. This time it seems to be fully transparent making it appear a bit confusing when you open. This part of the theme or some setting I can do?
    Another thing that might be a setting. How do you turn off the small clock in the notification bar? I've seen other screenshots where that is gone, and this make sense when you're using the giant clock in Beautiful Widgets anyways, no point in having the time on there twice.
    Thanks, this theme rocks!

Edit - One more suggestion/comment (just my 2 cents!). The power widget, it's a bit hard to tell which items are on or off with the gold on gold. What if the indicator bars were just black when off and then "filled in" when on?
    I assume your donation link is in your sig? I'd donate too, I've used a couple of your themes now and love em! Keep up the good work.
    I know you can remove the clock with UD, but I'm not sure if this can be done on BB. I personally chose UD because of the UI options like that, and also I can reboot/reboot into recovery from my power options (like in the screenshot). However, the choice is yours...

Links to themes above:
    Red Glass - Indigo Glass - 24K Black Glass - Hot Pink Glass

Motorola Droid
    UD 6.0
    Indigo Glass Theme
    Chevy1 1.25 Low Voltage Kernel
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by StingRay View Post

There may have been some other gold themes before yours, but none were themed at the level of yours....just beautiful...

I would love to get a themed version of Visual Voicemail (Verizon) if you get a chance to go back and theme some additional icons...the blue icon is driving me crazy on the gold & black background!

Thanks again!
    Thanks Sting I appreciate the feedback man!! I cannot locate the "Visual Voicemail" app... is it a stock app, market app? I have "Voice Search" and "Voice Dialer" in my apps, but no "Visual Voicemail".

I know that the one thing that clears any previous colored apps is to do the "tiresome wipe" lol and then re-theme. It really works wonders, but can be a headache after doing it so many times lol.

Links to themes above:
    Red Glass - Indigo Glass - 24K Black Glass - Hot Pink Glass

Motorola Droid
    UD 6.0
    Indigo Glass Theme
    Chevy1 1.25 Low Voltage Kernel
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuttalott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StingRay View Post

Thanks again!
    Thanks Sting I appreciate the feedback man!! I cannot locate the "Visual Voicemail" app... is it a stock app, market app? I have "Voice Search" and "Voice Dialer" in my apps, but no "Visual Voicemail".

I know that the one thing that clears any previous colored apps is to do the "tiresome wipe" lol and then re-theme. It really works wonders, but can be a headache after doing it so many times lol.
    If you go into Android Market it is a free app...search Verizon and you should find...

if not I'll see if there is away to get you the apk tomorrow...

thanks for an amazing theme!

UPDATE: CUTT...Search "Visual Voice Mail" (seperate words) in Android Market...should be first result.
    Last edited by StingRay; 07-26-2010 at 10:20 AM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    2 Motorola Droids
    OK I got it installed and I'm back to the Handscent annoyance I had before.
    The 1st version didn't show handscent in one uninstaller app, then it showed in another and I got rid of it.
    However.... Now it isn't showing up in any uninstallers I try yet it is still there installed. How can I get rid of handscent please?
    Android keeps going, and going.....
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    2 Motorola Droids
    OK so I figured what the heck, I have a backup. What I did was this....

I used root explorer and found the com.handscent.apk file in system/app
    I deleted that file, rebooted and it is gone from my drawer and I do not see it in TaskControl (installed it to check) or Startup Auditor. Did I actually get rid of it?
    It would not let me uninstall it with Astro (read/write issue I'm sure). Is there any other files that may be calling for that .apk that need edited or deleted to fully have Handscent gone or am I all good using the process I used? I know this question could probably be a whole other thread but I posted it here since Handscent was not on my Droid until this theme.

By the way, this theme is even better on the phone than the sceenshots. I guess it is because you can "feel" it.

EDIT: I know, this is probably annoying some of you but it may help some of you too. Anyways, so I was going through the market and went to my downloads and it showed handscent in there but it said "free" and not "installed". I figured something somewhere was telling the market it was on my Droid, because on an uninstall it won't show up in the market anymore. Now before when it wouldn't go away, an update option was available, so I did it since uninstall was greyed out. After updating (remember this is when I couldn't get rid of it or see it on an uninstaller), uninstall was STILL greyed out. I was getting very annoyed. So anyways THIS time since I deleted the .apk from the system and it was still showing up in the market, I went ahead and installed it to see if it would allow me to uninstall afterwards. Indeed it DID allow uninstall this time so of course I did the uninstall. Now it does not show up as a download in the market anymore. I am assuming that the install/uninstall must have wiped whatever left over files were in my system away. Can someone confirm my theory or explain what really happened? I know this is a long post, but I am learning something new daily as I mess around doing different things. I just want to be informed is all. Thanks to anyone who actually read this whole thing. I don't mean to be this guy ~>
    Last edited by ChugIt; 07-26-2010 at 12:16 AM.
    Android keeps going, and going.....
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    vs980
    Love the theme! I installed it yesterday. One thing I noticed when downloading a file is that, in the notification drop down, the background for the download is completely black with the text in black as well as the percentage bar. I'm on BB 0.4. I'll try to get a screenshot to show you.
    #su|LG G2|CM11
    #su|Samsung Galaxy S3|-Sold!
    #su|Motorola Droid Razr MAXX|-For Sale w/Lapdock!
    #su|htc Thunderbolt|-Sold!
    #su|Motorola Droid|-Traded!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rockin the HTC Thunderbolt
    I love this theme. I do have one problem though. I loaded this on UD4.0 and tried to set up my comcast email accout but the email.apk Force closes everytime I tried to set it up. I pulled the .apk from UD4.0 and pushed it back and it works so you might want to check it out. Thanks for your work.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Can someone please post the BB version on something other than mediafire? I seem to be having trouble downloading it. Thanks in advance
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A855 Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by creeblue2 View Post
    Can someone please post the BB version on something other than mediafire? I seem to be having trouble downloading it. Thanks in advance
    Try this:
    24K-Black-Theme-BB.zip
    Last edited by Juggernaut; 07-29-2010 at 06:31 AM. Reason: link is updated
    Galaxy Nexus VZW/LTE 4.0.4 stock locked

OG Droid - RETIRED
    SS 5.6
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Links