DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Glass Theme - UD Froyo eXtreme!!!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Ok I must be dumbest person on here lol. I can't root my phone or get close to it and then install the pimp red glass theme!!!
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Unhappy

I'm having issues installing the wallpapers and icons, red battery, and the boot animation. I downloaded everything to the root of my sd card. Reboot into recovery using clockwork, tried installing zip from sd and it aborts everytime. I even changed the file name to update.zip and rebooted into recovery using sprecovery and still aborts. the theme loaded fine, had a bunch of red icons too, then updated some apps and they went back to stock colors. Any help??? Thanks Mike
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by devinesZ View Post
    I'm having issues installing the wallpapers and icons, red battery, and the boot animation. I downloaded everything to the root of my sd card. Reboot into recovery using clockwork, tried installing zip from sd and it aborts everytime. I even changed the file name to update.zip and rebooted into recovery using sprecovery and still aborts. the theme loaded fine, had a bunch of red icons too, then updated some apps and they went back to stock colors. Any help??? Thanks Mike
    Wallpapers, icons, red battery and bootanimation are not to be installed through recovery... unzip wallpapers and icons and put the folder thats inside on ur SD card and all the wallpapers and icons will show up in ur gallery... red battery instructions are in my original post... and so is the boot animation... please read the bottom portion of original post. Let me know if u have any troubles. Thanks...

Links to themes above:
    Red Glass - Indigo Glass - 24K Black Glass - Hot Pink Glass

Motorola Droid
    UD 6.0
    Indigo Glass Theme
    Chevy1 1.25 Low Voltage Kernel
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    thanks for the fast reply. got the wallpapers and icons situated. don't see any instructions on how to load the boot animation. also I don't have reboot or recovery on my power menu and all of my permanent icons on the homescreen are just stock not the nice ones that you have posted up...sorry i'm quite new to this whole customizing gig.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    how do you set one of the icons from the zip as the icon for a app?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by devinesZ View Post
    thanks for the fast reply. got the wallpapers and icons situated. don't see any instructions on how to load the boot animation. also I don't have reboot or recovery on my power menu and all of my permanent icons on the homescreen are just stock not the nice ones that you have posted up...sorry i'm quite new to this whole customizing gig.
    Not a problem... you will need Root Explorer from the Market, put the bootanimation on ur SD Card, then go to Root Explorer and navigate to SD Card and "long press" bootanimation and "copy", press back one time and go to "data" then "local" and "paste" the bootanimation.zip in the "local folder"... and ur done.

The icons are themed with Better Cut... you can get this from the Market... my icons are shortcuts, that way if the app is ever updated the icon never changes... when you get Better Cut just "long press" ur homescreen and choose "Shortcut" then choose "Better Cut" then go to "Activity" choose the app you want and then create a shortcut icon with the icons in ur gallery.... let me know if you have any troubles.
    Last edited by Cuttalott; 07-21-2010 at 08:51 AM.

Links to themes above:
    Red Glass - Indigo Glass - 24K Black Glass - Hot Pink Glass

Motorola Droid
    UD 6.0
    Indigo Glass Theme
    Chevy1 1.25 Low Voltage Kernel
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Cutt, is there any step by step process on how to get this done? Sorry for noob questions
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 67maroboi View Post
    Cutt, is there any step by step process on how to get this done? Sorry for noob questions
    first things first. Do you have root?

edit: just read your 1st post ever. You need root access and a custom rom for this theme. Do a search on "root and unroot using SBF" You need to do that first
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Does this work on UD 4.0.0?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Now if it would only work on 4.0