DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: [???] fix black on black text

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Good Ol' D1

[???] fix black on black text

i am attempting to make a little theme for my phone just mashing a few framework icons around to get a certain look. anyway, i changed the popup image so now for example when i long press the home screen (to change wallpapers and what not) i have black on black text, what do i need to change to fix that and have white (or whatever) on black
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo42o View Post
    i am attempting to make a little theme for my phone just mashing a few framework icons around to get a certain look. anyway, changed the popup image so now for example when i long press the home screen (to change wallpapers and what not) i have black on black text, what do i need to change to fix that and have white (or whatever) on black
    Its not the easiest thing. you need to edit a few files with a hex editor. see here --> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...te-how-do.html

Also, here is the reference I have been creating for myself for smoked glass (to change text white). These changes should be made in a hex editor (I use HxD HxD - Freeware Hex Editor and Disk Editor | mh-nexus)

- Change Status Bar Text White

> framework-res.apk
    [res\layout\status_bar.xml]
    08 00 00 1C - Replace hex after this with FF FF FF FF (there are 2 of these) (should look like this in hex 08 00 00 1C FF FF FF FF)
    [res\layout\status_bar_latest_event_content.xml]
    08 00 00 1C - Replace hex after this with FF FF FF FF (there are 3 of these)

> DownloadProvider.apk
    [res\layout\status_bar_ongoing_event_progress_bar.x ml]
    08 00 00 1C - Replace hex after this with FF FF FF FF (there are 3 of these)

> MusicGoogle.apk
    [res\layout\statusbar.xml]
    44 - Replace with 41
    45 - Replace with 42

> Pandora.apk
    [res\layout\statusbar.xml]
    44 - Replace with 41 (there are two of these)
    45 - Replace with 42 (there are two of these)

- Change widget text to white

> Facebook.apk
    [res\layout-land\widget_view.xml, res\layout-port\widget_view.xml]
    01 BF 00 02 7F - Share Button Txt - Replace with 1C FF FF FF FF
    01 C0 00 02 7F - Main body txt - Replace with 1C FF FF FF FF
    01 BD 00 02 7F - Post time txt - Keep grey, no change

> Twitter.apk
    [res\layout-land\widget_large_view.xml, res\layout-land\widget_small_view.xml, res\layout-port\widget_large_view.xml, res\layout-port\widget_small_view.xml]
    01 04 00 07 7F - Main body txt - Replace with 1C FF FF FF FF
    01 05 00 07 7f - (1st)Post Time - Replace with 1C FF FF FF FF, (2nd)Retweeted by - Keep grey, no change
    There are more changes for other apps that have black text in the status bar, but this is all i have documented so far
    Last edited by ACalcutt; 07-05-2010 at 12:55 PM.
    -Andrew Calcutt
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Good Ol' D1
    Thx ac so the framework one would change like if I am in a call and there is the notif. To return to it if I left if....if that makes sense which is all I need that I noiced so far
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    It does not change the incall text. I still have to figure that one out. I'd image there is a statusbar.xml in Phone.apk. Try searching it for 08 00 00 1C (hex, not text or it will not find it)
    -Andrew Calcutt
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Actually I just realized what color you are talking about. sorry, none of the changes i list change that popup menu color (sorry i misunderstood). Not sure what to change for that one
    -Andrew Calcutt
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Good Ol' D1
    ok so im lost i suppose i could just change the drop down shade image, not sure which one that is right now its smoked glass, want me to send u what i have so far, maybe u have some ideas

Sent by your mom using Tapatalk
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo42o View Post
    ok so im lost i suppose i could just change the drop down shade image, not sure which one that is right now its smoked glass, want me to send u what i have so far, maybe u have some ideas

Sent by your mom using Tapatalk
    The files you are looking for, for the pulldown are:

Framework-res.apk/layout/status_bar.xml (this is for the notifications in the actual bar)

Framework-res.apk/layout/status_bar_expanded.xml (for ongoing notifications)

Framework-res.apk/layout/status_bar_latest_event_content.xml (for the rest of the notifications.)

App/DownloadProvider.apk/layout/status_bar_ongoing_event_progress_bar.xml (for market downloads)

App/Phone.apk/res/layout/ongoing_call_notification.xml (call notifications)

App/Music.apk (or MusicGoogle.apk for froyo)/res/layout/status_bar.xml (for music ongoing notif)

On all of these except Music you are looking for 0800001C, so open them in the hex editor, ctrl+F, and type 0800001C and click the dropdown for 'hex values' and then for each instance type your color. For example for white the next 8 characters would be FF FF FF FF.

On music you are looking for the string 08000002 and after the first intance you would change the value to 44 and then the second to 45.

To make this all easier you should do a search for colorChangev3.jar it does all this for you. It takes a few minutes to figure out how to use it but its easier than hex edits.

Basically you would have the colorChangev3.jar and your zip file that has your framework-res and services.jar in it and you type a command in prompt like.

java -Xmx512M -jar colorChangev3.jar suchandsuch.zip ticker=FFFFFFFF ongoing = FFFFFFFF latest=FFFFFFFF (and so on...)

Read up on it, its not that hard to do once you figure it out and it will even change clock and date colors so you don't have to mess with doing smali edits..

Or you can find a theme that is running on your ROM that has the correct text colors and find those files...

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I realized one point is not clear.

When you do control F it finds that bit of characters, you are changing the next 6 characters AFTER each instance. Right now they will probably be like this

08 00 00 1C 00 00 00 FF

You want that to be

08 00 00 1C FF FF FF FF

But remember in each of those files there are mutiple instances of 0800001C and you have to change all of them. There are mutiple instances because one controls the title text and than the description text, etc.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Links