DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Black Status/Notifications Bar

1. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted D1 & Fascinate
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member

Black Status/Notifications Bar

I would like a simple way to get a completely black/dark status bar. I am currently running a black glass theme but it has a gray box in the status bar constantly, even during notifications. I don't really like that. I need something fairly simple because I work 12 hour shifts and I only get one to two days off a week. I know that there are multiple threads about this, but that have four different way to do five different things listed??? I have A LOT of other things to do and just want a download, install, enjoy method... thsnks a lot for any help....
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    What ROM are you currently using if any?

If you look at the blackmod theme in my sig, I am working on updating that to work with newest CM and updated metamorph.
  3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted D1 & Fascinate
    Premium Member
    Sorry, I didn't list that... I actually looked at yours and it really didn't say anything about my rom... I am on Pete's stock 2.1 root... ese81. I really like yours but the threads I read never mentioned ese81, only BB 0.9. If you have updated or think it will work, that would be great!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I'm not sure how much would need to be changed for that. Do you have the newest spareparts on your droid? If so that makes it a lot easier because you can edit the text color in the notification bar very easily.

I am updating it for new metamorph now and then you can give it a shot, but i please nandroid first as I'm unable to test this.
  5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted D1 & Fascinate
    Premium Member
    I checked out your site and I would like to try the transparent mod and blackmod... No, I don't have spare parts, where would I get that and is there a link for some instructions somewhere? The big problem with what I have is that the upper bars are black BUT, the clock text is still black. To get around that the dev put a gray box behind the clock and it is ALWAYS there, even when notifications scroll and it is just annoying and not what I want. I use clockwork and have had to use it several times, don't worry about the backup issue!!!! Thanks for your help!!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Well I'm not quite sure if spare parts can just be installed or if it needs to be built into the ROM. But if you aren't able to modify the text colors on your own then my theme won't be of much help.

If you do find a way to modify the text color then let me know and I will send you the theme to modify the notification bar.
  7. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted D1 & Fascinate
    Premium Member
    I am pretty sure spare parts is included in most peoples custom roms correct? well thanks, I am going to work on it. I looked into xultimate but I just don't have the time for all that. Thanks for the help! I did read that your transparent MIGHT work for me, so I may give that a try later, thanks again!!!!
  8. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted D1 & Fascinate
    Premium Member
    In your BlackMod, the text and stuff isn't white after you apply the MM? You still have to do something else??
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Well the old way of making the text white was modifying the services.jar file and a few xmls in framework-res, which those files vary depending on the version you are using. The new way is to use spareparts to make those changes directly on the phone.
  10. App Themer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    motorola droid, Incredible als

color

depending on your rom there is a few MM's that will do it for you. I run BBv1.0 and now BBv1.1 with smoked glass just to change the bar to black for me, then I run my personalized apps to get rid of the smoked glass look on most of them. Try this just get the smoked glass addon for your BB then from there you can use MM to change colors heres a link to alot of great info I gather'd when I was learning to do all this as well.

Not trying to steal anyone's thread just trying to help out since I went through all this myself trying to pretty much do the samething, but in doing all this I learned alot. Do alot of reading before you start and you should be good. I try to be around alot so you can msg me if you need help, I'll try to help but like I said do some reading before you try any yourself.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...eme-links.html

see mine was white for a while before I found out that I should use the older MM to apply this to make it green
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Black Status/Notifications Bar-cap201005290249.jpg   Black Status/Notifications Bar-cap201005271638.jpg   Black Status/Notifications Bar-cap201005271613.jpg   Black Status/Notifications Bar-cap2010052705301.jpg   Black Status/Notifications Bar-cap201005241300.jpg  

Last edited by MAD450r; 05-29-2010 at 02:01 AM.
    Old devices
    Droid 1 running cm10

Droid incredible running cm7
    Nexus One running cm9
    Droid x running darkslide
    Droid x2 running cm10
    Droid 3 running AOKP
    Current devices
    Verizon GS3 running Synergy r484: zerolemon 7000mah
    Nexus 10 running AOKP
    mine
    Nexus 10 running Cleanrom