DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARGH! Can someone answer this question?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!

ARGH! Can someone answer this question?

I got a bur up my butt to throw a logo behind the numbers on the dial keypad. when I extract the pngs still in their folder, all the white numbers show (preview) the same, with a soft font and slight grey outer glow. But open them in PS and some of them have a white background (opposed to a transparent background) and a thick black stroke.

Anyone run into this and how do you get around it?

I got the dial button at least.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ARGH! Can someone answer this question?-dialbutton.png  
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    Ok one more question. Those who have done this might get a giggle.
    I replaced the contacts.apk, renaming the original one as a back up. However when I went in and renamed the phone.apk, all hell broke loose. Continual FC loop. I wasn't about to battery pull and restore, so I was able to sneak in some button presses between the FC error and get the apk named back to normal.

How do I use Terminal Emulator to push the Phone.apk from the sdcard correctly?
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim #777 View Post
    I got a bur up my butt to throw a logo behind the numbers on the dial keypad. when I extract the pngs still in their folder, all the white numbers show (preview) the same, with a soft font and slight grey outer glow. But open them in PS and some of them have a white background (opposed to a transparent background) and a thick black stroke.

That is what transparency looks like when the image is not in standard RGB color mode (Image>Mode>RGB in Photoshop). There is nothing you can do to get rid of it short of recreating the image.

Actually, now that I think about it, if you can find it, you can download Xeud's xStock theme. He fixed all of the images for editing.
    -15.4" Macbook Pro Early 2007 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM 320GB HD-
    -Motorola Droid running 2.2 FRF57 Rooted; BlackLight Theme-
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    Quote Originally Posted by treminaor View Post

That is what transparency looks like when the image is not in standard RGB color mode (Image>Mode>RGB in Photoshop). There is nothing you can do to get rid of it short of recreating the image.

Actually, now that I think about it, if you can find it, you can download Xeud's xStock theme. He fixed all of the images for editing.
    Thanks. I noticed that some are in greyscale and have true transparent BG and the others are in indexed color, and they have the white BG (though only about 90% of it). Weird.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ARGH! Can someone answer this question?-dialbutton2.png  
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    From Terminal

su
    sysrw
    cp -R /sdcard/Phone.apk /system/app/
    sync
    sysro
    exit
    reboot
  7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Twitter
    dabowerman
    Phone
    Rooted Droid, OC @ 1.1 Ghz
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I replaced the contacts.apk, renaming the original one as a back up. However when I went in and renamed the phone.apk, all hell broke loose. Continual FC loop. I wasn't about to battery pull and restore, so I was able to sneak in some button presses between the FC error and get the apk named back to normal.

Anything that is "running" should not be pushed by terminal. This needs to be done by ADB. Think of it like doing the framework-res.apk. It behaves the same way.
    If you like what I do, thanks

Your can follow me as follows

@dabowerman - Twitter
    Derek Bower - G+ - this is where I will be @ the most and where stuff gets released first.

Theming Guides that might come in handy
    Theming Guide for Progress Bar
    Notification Text Color Change (How to)
    Theming Guide for System Text
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    Quote Originally Posted by thebowers View Post

Anything that is "running" should not be pushed by terminal. This needs to be done by ADB. Think of it like doing the framework-res.apk. It behaves the same way.
    LOL
    I knew that, but when I saw "Phone" in Phone.apk, I was thinking that it wouldn't be running unless I was making a call.... you know, using the "phone"

Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1

9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Twitter
    dabowerman
    Phone
    Rooted Droid, OC @ 1.1 Ghz
    Premium Member
    Just because you aren't talking on the phone doesn't mean it isn't running in the background.
    If you like what I do, thanks

Your can follow me as follows

@dabowerman - Twitter
    Derek Bower - G+ - this is where I will be @ the most and where stuff gets released first.

Theming Guides that might come in handy
    Theming Guide for Progress Bar
    Notification Text Color Change (How to)
    Theming Guide for System Text
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    Quote Originally Posted by treminaor View Post

You know sometimes you truly can't see the forest through the trees!

Just redo all of them! Perfect.
    And that's just what I did. Thanks.

Yeah, I'm a GSXR fan, even have the tattoo to prove it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ARGH! Can someone answer this question?-dialbutton2.png  
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1

11. App Themer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    motorola droid, Incredible als

thanks again

Looks great and I didn't have to sync since I dont have someone here to type that in for me I tried without it. worked fine.
    sucks being legally blind and trying to work with print as small as it is in terminal.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links