DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Custom Theming Support

1. Beta Team
    Member #
    Twitter
    dabowerman
    Phone
    Rooted Droid, OC @ 1.1 Ghz
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member

Custom Theming Support

I am going to start this thread due to all the questions I get about theming things and requests for apps to be done a certain way. I really don't like PM since I don't really check for them or get alerted for them.

So here goes. If you need something done or help on a theme. Message away and I will do my best to get it done for you. Now I am not going to be able to make a whole theme for someone.

Again the main reason I am doing this is to get many questions answered in one place.
    If you like what I do, thanks

Your can follow me as follows

@dabowerman - Twitter
    Derek Bower - G+ - this is where I will be @ the most and where stuff gets released first.

Theming Guides that might come in handy
    Theming Guide for Progress Bar
    Notification Text Color Change (How to)
    Theming Guide for System Text
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    ok well I guess I will start I would like to start to make a theme. Now I started to change the icon pics in some apps to different icons by using 7zip dragging the res folder out replacing what I needed pushing it back then installing on phone. For some reason it would only work if I pushed the app back to the system/apps folder why can't I push it back to the data/apps and have it work?
    Also can you point me in the right direction to make a mm theme. I tired ninja morph to edit the icons and it wouldnt work for sm ereason and I also would like to theme framework so I figured learning to create a mm would be good.

Looking for devices to expand p.e.
    Let me know if you have one for sale or to donate.
  3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Twitter
    dabowerman
    Phone
    Rooted Droid, OC @ 1.1 Ghz
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by actngrezy View Post
    ok well I guess I will start I would like to start to make a theme. Now I started to change the icon pics in some apps to different icons by using 7zip dragging the res folder out replacing what I needed pushing it back then installing on phone. For some reason it would only work if I pushed the app back to the system/apps folder why can't I push it back to the data/apps and have it work?
    Also can you point me in the right direction to make a mm theme. I tired ninja morph to edit the icons and it wouldnt work for sm ereason and I also would like to theme framework so I figured learning to create a mm would be good.
    The reason they don't work when you try to push back to /data/app is because you have broke the signing of the .apk or something along those lines. It has noticed that the files have been changed and no longer works.

As for making MM themes.
    Tear apart a .apk with 7 zip and notice the file structure. An example would be framework-res.apk.
    Most of the graphic files are in framework-res/res/drawable-hdpi.
    So you would start by making a folder of you theme name.
    Then make a folder within it and name it framework-res.
    Make a folder with framework-res, as res.
    Then a folder with in that as drawable-hdpi.

Now back to the graphics at hand. Edit the certain files you wish and then place the edited files within that drawable-hpdi folder.
    After you have placed all the files you want in drawable-hdpi go back to the point where you just see the framework-res folder.
    Here you need to make a theme control file in .xml format.
    This file needs to be named the same as the parent folder or the name of the theme. If not you will get an error saying it can't find the theme control file since they don't make when applying in MM.
    For doing that look here xda-developers - View Single Post - Discussion/Problems/Requests for Morphs.
    After you finish that zip the contents within the named theme folder.
    If you like what I do, thanks

Your can follow me as follows

@dabowerman - Twitter
    Derek Bower - G+ - this is where I will be @ the most and where stuff gets released first.

Theming Guides that might come in handy
    Theming Guide for Progress Bar
    Notification Text Color Change (How to)
    Theming Guide for System Text

Links