DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Awesome Boot Animation: Bootanimation.zip

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoLanny View Post
    Most definitely interested. Sick boot animation. SICK!!!! Just one thing.....

I tried going to "CFAS" website. Couldn't find the "Our Business" link. It wouldn't even get me to the website without me doing a search on google. I can't wait to get this on my Droid X.... Rooted and ReBooted!!!!
    Their site may have been hacked according to others.

jmariconda reposted the original for everyone. Look above your post maybe 5-7 posts.

Also check out my version, again just above.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 1
    Anyone wanna play with the desc file and have it call for "audio.ogg"? I made up a cool plasma sound, but then learned the bootannimation must call for sound.
    Attached Files
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 1
    Done and done! I can't seem to be able to lower the volume though. Still working on that. Here it is with the audio file I made.
    Attached Files
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJTraxx View Post
    Done and done! I can't seem to be able to lower the volume though. Still working on that. Here it is with the audio file I made.
    I appreciate you offering a sound file for my animation, but I wish you'd posted it in my thread so I'd have noticed

J/k this is the source of my boot animation as well.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    I've been meaning to ask, has anyone in their internet-surfin days ever seen the source animation/video the OP talks about?

I am not positive from reading compsci04's posts, but it sounds like he made his boot animation from someone else's video. He talks about gathering images or frames from various sources? He seemed to indicate he had a friend make the intro into and fade-to-black edges around the video. So where did this video come from?

Also, he had expressed interest in turning this into a live wallpaper. Anyone have any wisdom regarding this? Would anything that looks good be too much of a battery killer or is the number of frames a deal breaker? I made a loop of 57 frames which is pretty smooth, but could be better if we had the source of the youtube video. If you watch the video, it's makes just over half a revolution in 6 seconds, meaning we are missing at least another 4-5 seconds to make that revolution complete.

My Google Fu is pretty good, but I could use some help tracking the source video down if possible. Then again, maybe it would be easier to contact compsci04/wncoulte and ask him? With him being a renowned Celtic guitarist, I am a bit reluctant myself.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 1
    Sorry about that djakrse. I looking through all of this, I was also trying to find the best source image and thought this was it. Didn't mean to not give props. I gave up with the sound anyway, cause no matter how much I lowered the source .ogg file, it would always play too loudly. Still learning here. Thanks for the great input and effort everyone.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    htc thunderbolt
    i have tried every way of installing this awesome boot animation on my thunderbolt, and i can't get it to work. any suggestions?
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJTraxx View Post
    Sorry about that djakrse. I looking through all of this, I was also trying to find the best source image and thought this was it. Didn't mean to not give props. I gave up with the sound anyway, cause no matter how much I lowered the source .ogg file, it would always play too loudly. Still learning here. Thanks for the great input and effort everyone.
    No problem really, though I am honestly looking to others to soundify this animation (my version particularly )

I know one person who is working on something for me too.

In regards to volume, what editor are you using? I use Audacity and there is a gain control at left of track. I used a -12 to -18 dB on my recent efforts to quiet the audio that came from video source.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Also test on your phone with media volume all the way up, as it is when rebooting.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmegalodon View Post
    i have tried every way of installing this awesome boot animation on my thunderbolt, and i can't get it to work. any suggestions?
    The Tbolt is such a new phone, I don't know anything about it yet. Also, being an HTC, there might be a different preferred installation directory. Motos at least look in /data/local first, then /system/media. I've read of a common 3rd location that is preferred on some other phones but don't remember where.

Research in a TB or Incredible thread.

I assume you still have the default animation playing? You just need to install a custom one to /system/media, then find and rename/move/delete the stock one.
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Links