DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your Dark Edge

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
    Here is mine:

I love it!

yeaa, I love it too. how did u make ur darkedge icons? They look amazing. I'm trying to learn how to make them because I hate mixmatching icons. Is there a way to do it using GIMP?
  2. n00b.
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    raidzero_
    Phone
    Samsung Nexus S 4G
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shusuke028 View Post
    yeaa, I love it too. how did u make ur darkedge icons? They look amazing. I'm trying to learn how to make them because I hate mixmatching icons. Is there a way to do it using GIMP?
    Yes I made them all using GIMP. I made a custom a2s (xeudoxus sent me the 'source') and MM theme for it so its easy.. however I only made blue. I made a base one that is blank by just removing the icon that was there and replacing it tiwht the same level of transparent black. Then the easiest way is to scale your new icon to 30x30, desaturate it, mess wqith the levels so it is as close to monochrome as it can get, then just save it. Here is my modified a2s and MM theme for blue... you may learn from it. I did this with xeudoxus' permission.. although X only made the a2s script, the original icons were made by Hybrid Tracer
    Attached Images  
    Attached Files
    Last edited by raidzero; 05-23-2010 at 12:19 PM.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Not all that great, but decided to try DE Green today:

Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    quick question, how did you change the "motodroid" to "raidzeros droid"?
    Quote Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
    Here is mine:

I love it!
  5. n00b.
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    raidzero_
    Phone
    Samsung Nexus S 4G
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hennbc View Post
    quick question, how did you change the "motodroid" to "raidzeros droid"?
    I hex edited ERI.xml in the framework and then made a metamorph from it.. here it is for educational purposes.. doubt you want your phone to say "raidzero's droid" lol.. so just crack open eri.xml in xvi32 (my preference, but you can use whatever hex editor you want) and search for motodroid (If you are using the stock DE ERI.xml, or raidzero for mine) and replace the text. I am not sure how long the text can be but I would not be surprised if too long of a string broke the droid.

I know pulldown editor also does this, but I just went with the hex method because it was faster and worked whereas pulldown editor did not work for me. I did not even try pulldown editor on the DE ROM since I already had a MM that said what I wanted..

Next hex-edit will be to change "your droid will explode" when powering off.. lol

Here is what you can expect to see if looking at my ERI.xml in a hex editor: (starting at the hex offset of 294)

I replaced the text as I went, and when I ran out of existing characters, I switched to insert mode so as not to overwrite the rest of the file and undoubtedly "brick" the droid.. SO ALWAYS MAKE BACKUPS BEFORE ANY FRAMEWORK MODDING! well, before any modding if you wanna be conservative..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by raidzero; 05-23-2010 at 06:55 PM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Orange theme with Digital Wall live wallpaper. You can customize the digital rain to be any color you want and it only uses about 5 or 6 MBs. Only live wallpaper I've used that doesn't slow down my performance and it goes great with DarkEdge. Not sure how these screenshots might look on your computer, but the orange comes out a little dull on mine. On my Droid, the color is brighter and more orange if that makes sense. Everything runs perfectly! Thanks again to the DE team!

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Here's my latest. I edited MixZing to match the theme.

Now I'm off to figure out how to edit that MM with the a2s to change ALL of my icons
    Rom: Codename Android 1.0.1
    Kernel: Imo's Lean Minimalistic Experimental

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG ReVoLuTiOn

I had originally changed all the "pre themed" icons to purple then the MM came so I used that. Need to learn how to change my icons so everything is themed.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by $mitty View Post
    Orange theme with Digital Wall live wallpaper. You can customize the digital rain to be any color you want and it only uses about 5 or 6 MBs. Only live wallpaper I've used that doesn't slow down my performance and it goes great with DarkEdge. Not sure how these screenshots might look on your computer, but the orange comes out a little dull on mine. On my Droid, the color is brighter and more orange if that makes sense. Everything runs perfectly! Thanks again to the DE team!

Looks good $mitty...thanks for the info about Wallpaper Live...worth the .99!
    Rom: Codename Android 1.0.1
    Kernel: Imo's Lean Minimalistic Experimental

10. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Twitter
    bgill55
    Phone
    D1,DX,N1,Tbolt, Bio,10.1tab

Re: Show off your Dark Edge

Here's my latest. I edited MixZing to match the theme.

Now I'm off to figure out how to edit that MM with the a2s to change ALL of my icons
    Killed it! You need to start making themes! Oh and danger doom! Lock the thread now! Well done sir
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Links