I've collaborated with EmmVeePee to make some changes to the Beautiful Widgets, widgets (Airplane Mode, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, Vibrate, Silent, Brightness)
MVP is working on some Semi-Transparent Shadow Widgets which can be found here:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...widgets-2.html
I've created a MetaMorph theme that will remove the text from below the widgets to give the widgets a more subtle or 'stealthy' look. This can be used in conjunction with MVP's theme(s)
- Be sure you have the latest version of BeautifulWidgets. Go to Market > Menu > Downloads to check and see if there is an update available. If not, it should just say "Installed" next to BeautifulWidgets.
- The .apk for BeautifulWidgets (which is named by default to com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk) must be renamed to beautifulwidgets.apk (THIS IS CASE SENSITIVE)
- The renamed .apk must be moved from /data/app/ to /system/app/
- You may need to reinstall the apk once it is in the /system/app/ directory
- BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM
- Remove any Beautiful Widgets from your home screens (not very important, but you may run into some errors if you don't).
- Download the attached zipfile (BeautifulWidgets_NoText.zip)
- Place the .zip file on your sdcard in a folder called "AndroidThemes" (no quotes)
- Open MetaMorph and choose "Pick Theme"
- Choose the BeautifulWidgets_NoText.zip file and allow MetaMorph to extract the file
- Select the beautifulwidgets.apk subtheme (the only one listed)
- Select "Apply It!"
- Once MetaMorph finishes, exit.
- Reload your widgets and you should have the custom icon pack. (You may need to restart if you do not see changes immediately)