DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: GDE vs Open Home vs Panda Home

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    I'm using PandaHome and installed a Openhome theme on it tonite...

looks and runs perfect and all for free.

No lag not one force close..
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    GDE has been amazing for me. Tried the others, just didn't like them. That was also before any updates.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    I just purchased GDE. Man its awesome. No lag whatsoever. I would buy it all over again. A must buy! I am sporting a HTC theme as well that is free in the droid shopping area.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible :)
    i hear you can't change icons in GDE though... til you can i think i'm stickin with dxtop
    http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa26/bananathunder36/droidForumsSig.jpg
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I am using GDE right now and must say it is pretty sweet. I was using panda before GDE and open home before panda. Open home was imo the most buggy with the most force closes. Panda was imo the most stable with the least amount of force closes. But GDE is defiantly imo the coolest. It is not far behind panda in terms of stability, i dont get too many FC's but the features in GDE make it sooo worth it. The cube transition is just epic. Unfortunately GDE seems to run more stable with no themes loaded and just the stock GDE home. Which kinda defeats the purpose of a theme changer...lol but I like the stock GDE home enough to still say GDE is deff my fav by far. Im sure there will be updates to make it more stable as well
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Personally I like open home. I tried GDE and for some reason the graphics weren't to high quality when I compared them to the open home graphics. It also didn't change the icons like open home did or I just couldn't figure it out. It also has a built in built in battery meter(give it to you in percentages) which is very accurate.
    Here is a picture of what I have on my home screen. It is open home with the "dark hero" skin and the "iphone 3g icons". I also have the Weather Widgets donate clock which I love but the weather isn't too accurate, so I use the "weather bug" app which gives me the weather in my notification bar. I'm not too sure where I got the background but it is very nice. Check it out for your self tell me what you think.

7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I'm pretty happy with GDE. Not only do I like being able to pick how many home screens I want to use, I also like the fact that unlike the default home, the home screen rotates to landscape mode automatically when I rotate the phone.
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    ok im using panda with my droid i have my wall paper as a pic of my women and with panda i have the ability to in a way to have a total of 13 different screens the normal is 7 with 6 more that slide out from the side i love it gets a lag on n off but i can deal with that for what i get in return i do have a question i cant figure out how to do or get the screen shots how do i do that i read panda has this function how do i do it ??
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I am using GDE as well, I like panda home too. But GDE is better by far.
    "Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by rrflanders View Post
    I'm pretty happy with GDE. Not only do I like being able to pick how many home screens I want to use, I also like the fact that unlike the default home, the home screen rotates to landscape mode automatically when I rotate the phone.
    They're all pretty good home replacement screens and just like GDE I can pick up to 7 screens if I'd like to. I only use 3 but I wanted to I could go up to 7. Also about the home screen rotating to landscape automatically, open home gives you the choice of either changing to landscape mode automatically or changing only to when you slide out the keyboard. Also did I mention about open home being compatible with aHome themes as well. I think I made the right choice and I'm very happy with it.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Links