DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Question about Themes

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid

Question about Themes

Hello, I am running BB .9 with Marty's Blue theme and several other theme components. I have spent a lot of time getting everything set up just how I like it. I plan to upgrade to V1 when it is released and I want to wipe the phone and format the SD card to get a nice fresh start. My question is: is there a relatively easy that I can extract all of the theme components that I am currently using and create a theme that is everything that I have pieced together? I really don't know what is involved in creating themes, and I don't even remember all of the components that have been themed. I really don't want to have to recreate everything every time I install a fresh ROM. Any ideas?

3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I would read up on how to create your own MetaMorph theme file. It is actually very easy to do and works so well and quickly. Plus if you want to change anyhting its so easy.

How I did it? I basically copied ALL of my system/app APK files and the framework-res.apk to my PC. Then you use 7zip to open the APK files and basically drop out the res/drawable**** folders into another directory. It gets a little more involved from there, but its super easy. I learned how in just a few minutes of reading on here...

Links