Theme is attached to this post, look on the bottom
This is my first metamorph theme. I took the stock beautiful widgets and made them somewhat transparent. Pictures pretty much explain themselves. I'm going to make an alternative pack with even more transparency.
Since this is my first attempt at a metamorph theme, please be easy on me. And suggestions would be appreciated and I'll listen to all of them with an open ear.
PLEASE do a backup before you attempt this. I don't want anyone messing their device up. I've tested this myself and haven't run into any problems. As far as I know the worst case scenario would just ruin your beautiful widgets, and could be fixed with a reinstall of BW.
Credit: I used the base theme of beautiful widgets to create my icons. While I essentially remade every icon, most of the credit goes to the creators of Beautiful Widgets, who make a great product. Please visit their website: Beautiful Widgets | LevelUp Studio
I also want to give credit to Slider46 as I stole his thread layout and most of his instructions. Please see his thread on how to get colored text for SetCPU located here.
- Please be sure you have the latest version of Beautiful Widgets Go to Market > Menu > Downloads and see if you have an update available for Beautiful Widgets.
- The .apk for Beautiful Widgets (which is named by default to com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk) must be renamed to beautifulwidgets.apk (THIS IS CASE SENSITIVE)
- The renamed .apk must be moved from /data/app/ to /system/app/
- Reinstall the .apk from its new /system/app/ directory.
You can use a program like Root Explorer to move, rename, and reinstall the file. Root Explorer can be found on the market and is a very handy program.
- BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM
- Remove any Beautiful Widgets from your home screens (not very important, but you may run into some errors if you don't).
- Download the attached zipfile (ShadowWidgets.zip)
- Place the .zip file on your sdcard in a folder called "AndroidThemes" (no quotes)
- Open MetaMorph and choose "Pick Theme"
- Choose the ShadowWidgets.zip file and allow MetaMorph to extract the file
- Select the beautifulwidgets.apk subtheme (the only one listed)
- Select "Apply It!"
- Once MetaMorph finishes, exit.
- Reload your widgets and you should have the custom icon pack.
I fixed the bluetooth icon a little. You can tell there was an extra pixel in the following screenshots:
On dark blue wallpaper:
On green wallpaper:
*This is the same theme, I just want to show you what it looks like on different wall papers
This is a beta release. The theme is entirely in working order, but a few alterations will be made until the release is final. Mainly, I need to change the color of the border when something is on/off/working (like the red/green light on the stock pack).
Thanks to Slider46, this theme will also be offered without the bottom text. Once this theme is completed I'll post a link to his thread.
INSTRUCTIONS ARE THE SAME FOR ALL VERSIONS
Just download the version you want below and install it per the instructions above. Look at the screenshots for each version.