DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SD card notification

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX
    [QUOTE=PhoenixGTR;36571 I may try Handcent anyway; a lot of people seem to like it, and if it allows you to choose different notifications for different events I could leave the default notification as one that is on the phone and set R2D2 for SMS, etc. ...[/QUOTE]
    Handcent is an app that would replace your current stock messaging app..it wont help with any SD notifications..try missed calls
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Can't root in 2.1 as of now, but you can install a rooted version of 2.1. Right now, if you were to root in 2.0.1, not disable the OTA update, and then receive the Over The Air update to 2.1, it would erase root.

When you "root" your phone, you do not necessarily change or modify anything. I almost want to say its impossible to mess up your phone by rooting. Like I said, all root really does, is allows you first of all change anything, now you can mess up your phone by just going around and deleting random system files, since obviously now you can. But, as long as you know what you are doing, ie. following a tutorial, you would be fine. Second, is it would allow apps ( those that specifically state that they need root ) to run with SU, also known as Substitute User, or Super User. Pretty much giving those apps the ability to modify system files.

If I were you, I'd install the 2.1 update that already includes root. I could guide you through the process if you wish, if you do, pm me an aim or a gtalk account I could add, it would be a lot easier then going through the forums.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Oops, my bad; didn't have my Droid on and forgot; I did accept the OTA update. It's 2.1 now. So I guess I have to wait to root.
    In the meantime, I can read up on it and make sure I understand; it involves flashing the ROM? I've no idea how this is done; so far all the stuff I've read assumes the reader knows what it's talking about, and I don't.
    I don't mind waiting. There are a lot of things I want to understand about the Droid as is first.
    Anyway, Tac.css, thanks for all your help, and I probably will take you up on that offer to guide me through it once there is an idiot-proof way to root 2.1 (I'm used to "rooting" Windows, but Droid is different territory...). I have yet to set up Google Talk, and it's been ages since I've used AIM, so I may have to re-do that too if I can't find my old account info. Those things are on my Droid to-do list, as well as possibly installing Meebo. I'll PM you, or you can PM me when it's possible to root in 2.1.
    BTW, where's the tutorial at? Or will there be a new one for rooting in 2.1 anyway?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Sent PM.

10chars.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links