I decided to move to a new thread to make things simpler
This MetaMorph theme can change the color of the min speed / max speed text, numbers, temp and title on your setCPU widget. I can do custom colors but I will need a color sample or a hex code for the color. I can also do a mixture of colors (numbers one color and min/max another)
I also will have a theme that will make the "SetCPU" title of the widget invisible - as some people prefer to have the title gone. (Still in progress)
*Please note - If you wish to have a custom theme (title gone, numbers one color, text another color) you need to let me know so I can make it. The attributes that control color and transparency are all in one .xml file so any changes need to be applied all at once. Trying to apply color and then remove the title will overwrite the previous change.
Credit to gotta have that funk for getting me started by posting his own theme that makes the background of the widget completely clear. His thread can be found here: [MORPH] Clear SetCPU widget
*Note - If you wish to use my color-change theme and then want the clear background theme from gotta have that funk's theme - you will need to download his theme here. I've modified it work with my theme since I've named my .apk Setcpu.apk and his theme only works with setcpu.apk.
Credit for the clear background still goes to gotta have that funk though
- Please be sure you have the latest version of SetCPU (1.5.1) Go to Market > Menu > Downloads and see if you have an update available for SetCPU.
- The .apk for SetCPU (which is named by default to com.mhuang.overclocking.apk) must be renamed to Setcpu.apk
- The renamed .apk must be moved from /data/app/ to /system/app/
- Download the .zip file with the color of your choice
- Place the .zip file on your sdcard in a folder called "AndroidThemes" (no quotes)
- Open MetaMorph and choose "Pick Theme"
- Choose the .zip file for Setcpu and allow MetaMorph to extract the file
- Select the Setcpu.apk subtheme (the only one listed)
- Select "Apply It!"
- Once MetaMorph finishes, exit and reboot the phone.
- Reload your widget and now you should have a SetCPU widget with a custom color.
If you are having problems with the theme not loading please check the following:
- Be sure the .apk has been renamed to Setcpu.apk NOT setcpu.apk - The capital letter is important.
- Be sure that the correctly named .apk is in /system/app AND be sure there is no other .apk for SetCPU still in the /data/app/ directory.
- If you are getting an error when trying to unzip or use the MetaMorph theme be sure you are placing the UNEXTRACTED zip file into /sdcard/AndroidThemes/ - MetaMorph will extract the zip for you.
- Be sure you have the latest vesion of SetCPU.
- If you've tried the above and are still having problems please follow this post's instructions
All Red (check post #20 for download)
All Blue (check post #20 for download)