after i dealed something with theming and stuff, i found a lot of good black-themes, but all of them had some disadvantages. All i wanted, was a transparaent themed notification bar with a little Droid inside. and THIS is excactly what i can provide here,
with a special thanks to MATTMASO!
What you need:
- Droid on 2.1 or 2.0.1
- Busybox installed and running
- This file
What you do:
- Copy the Zip File to /sdcard/AndroidThemes
- Start Metamorph and Select the zip for theming
You can use this addon as an addon to existing theme, cuz it DOESNT touch the bar itself, only the background of it. But you can also use it as standalone theme/mod as i do
So the bar itself will have the color you themed before (i did mine black). If it is still stock-white, it will remain white!
****NO COLORED! THANKS TO TAYPOTTS****
DROIDHEAD in blue
DROIDHEAD in black
DROIDHEAD in pink
thx to Steppo
Theming can brick your phone! Dont do it if you dont know WHAT you are doing!
This theme was intentionally designed for MILESTONE, but im quite sure it WILL work on a DROID
- WORKS on DroidMod 1.0
- Ultimate Droid V-8.1.1
- WORKS on BB .9 with this workaround:
Originally Posted by Logan3824
1)Download the zip of your choice(color)
2) Go to your phone, open root explorer , go to System > Framework > then long click on Framework-res.apk, select copy.
3)Go back to the /sdcard and select paste.
4)Now mount your sdcard to your computer, and open the framework-res.apk
5)Open the downloaded zip file(your color choice) and go to framework-res > Res > drawable-hdpi >and you should see the "status_bar_background.png"
6)Go back to your sdcard and open the framework-res.apk, now go into drawable-hdpi and copy and paste(or move) the status_bar_background(that you downloaded) into the drawable-hdpi folder(while its still zipped.)<-This meaning your actual "framework-res.apk" file
7)Next unmount your SD card and UNPLUG YOUR PHONE (don't know why you have to but multiple tests show that you do), go back to root explorer, go into the /sdcard and find the "framework-res.apk", long click it and select copy.
8) Then go to your system > framework > and then make sure its mounted as R/W and click paste...It will ask to overwrite, click yes....THEN BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE, long click the framework-res.apk again and click PERMISSIONS...Make sure they are set up like this:
X = checked
O = unchecked..
Now restart.... Give it a minute on restart to work...Don't freak, it might even restart more than once...Just let it run its course.
*NOTE* I am not responsible for you screwing up, this is exactly how I did it and it worked.