DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: More icon help please!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid

More icon help please!

I just tried to purchase a pandahome theme from the market but it wouldn't go through.maybe because they are not from the usa? Its the hd sportscar for pandahome.the icons are all the emblems from all the different car makers.can someone make that set of icons for me to use in that same quality? I don't think im computer savvy enough to figure it out.is it possible to take just the icons out of the app and use them only? Thank you for any help.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Any computer genius car buffs out there? I think it would be a sweet looking icon set.looks cool on the market version with the theme.I just don't need the complete theme.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    You will need root explorer (i think you need to be rooted)

go to your root explorer folder>>>data>>>>apps and find the icon packs you want the icons from. copy that whole app to sdcard>>>dcim. use astro file manager to extract the icon pack then copy the res (sometimes they're in the assets file. in other words just find the folder with the icons in it) (in astro you will be able to see the icon) within it to a new folder in dcim i.e. Ibox icons. then you HAVE to go delete the app you extracted. if you don't...it hangs your gallery. i created a folder just to put the apps i want to extract in so it's an easy delete. then you can choose a custom icon from your gallery instead of installed apps. i freed craploads of space doing this. also you can go thru and delete all the stupid icons you wont be using so you don't have to scroll through hundreds just to find one. good luck.
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    I am running on a stock droid. Dont think I have the guts to root just yet.waiting for the update first. The app the icons are in is called super carhd. If anyone can make a set like that it would be greatly appreciated.I would pay for a really good set of car logo icons.I would like to have most car makes possible if I could
    Any help would be awesome!!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    I am running on a stock droid. Dont think I have the guts to root just yet.waiting for the update first. The app the icons are in is called super carhd. If anyone can make a set like that it would be greatly appreciated.I would pay for a really good set of car logo icons.I would like to have most car makes possible if I could
    Any help would be awesome!!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Oops! Not sure why that posted twice.sorry mods, if you could fix that please?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Well I emailed the dev but with no response.asked to see if he would do an icon set from the theme pack but no luck there.I looked and found nothing on the net. Can anyone help a car guy out?
    Last edited by stangdroid; 03-19-2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Typo
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    are you running pandahome? if so just buy the theme. what dont you want to keep about it?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by c_mack9 View Post
    are you running pandahome? if so just buy the theme. what dont you want to keep about it?
    I dont want to run panda if I dont have to, I like helix and home ++ better.all I wanted from the theme set was the car logo icon set. Plus it kept telling me to update my card info for the sale, never did that on US purchases.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    well it looks like that theme is just icons and wallpapers, im sure you could try to just change the wallpapers. i havent used pandahome or home++ so im tryin to help blindly. maybe try out pandahome and get that theme on there then switch back to helix and home++

Links