A few, very few, of you know that I've been working on a Sense UI theme for about 4 days now. I just wanted to create a sense ui launcher bar to make it look more accurate! Well, here it is for you all to enjoy!
First off... please know that Matt (x @ AllDroid) is the reason why I took interest in this theme. I installed his wonderful theme, but due to my slight OCD... I wanted the launcher to look more real and accurate, so I took it to myself to make it as accurate as possible to the real thing. So thanks to Matt!
These themes are for 2.0 and 2.01!
Here is the first theme "Complete Desire". It comes with a complete Desire accurate look alike launcher, little changes for the lock screen (for the sense droid lock theme), and some minor additions... oh almost forgot! I also included a clock change for Beautiful Widgets 2.36! The flip clock didn't look close to the real thing, the Weather Widgets app does, but the animations, and weather UI is behind BW 2.36's. Instructions for installing all themes, are below all the theme showcases!
See? It looks like HTC designed this themselves... *cough cough*...
Second theme came to thought by looking at the HTC Tattoo and seeing the transparency... and I haven't seen a Sense UI theme with transparency like so. So here is "Ghostly Desire"... for you all who like to have that "glass bliss" feel.
Me personally? I'm really torn on which one to apply... lol... CD, or GD...?
Here is my set up...
*Phone button does not work of course. The button on the right doesn't work neither. These are left non-functional until someone codes imagemaps for the launcher bar... similar to how Matt (x over @ alldroid) did it for the 2.1 HTC like launcher. Matt, if you are reading this, and you can code it so the buttons are appropriately mapped, please get at me! But just like on the real HTC Sense UI devices, the left button when pressed, brings up the app drawer... that is exactly how these themes are designed to look.
*Notice there isn't a slider object... why? Well because at the moment, there isn't a way to code the Launcher to do so. Once someone does, best believe I will put it in the design.
Instructions for install!
0. Install Metamorph from the Android Market.
1. Are you rooted? Want to? If so... I highly suggest DroidMod...
2. Make sure you are rooted, I believe Metamorph demands it.
3. Download either Matt's "xHero Theme", Benny's "NexTheme", or download globe's "Desire Theme".
4. Which do I prefer/used? I installed Matt's first, then I installed the lock screen, and a few icons from globe's theme.
5. Install your theme of choice.
6. Download my "Complete Desire", "Ghostly Desire" or both and install after installing the themes above.
7. Know that you do not have to download the other user's themes, but if you want more of the look, I suggest so.
Instructions to install white font for status bar!
1. If you want white text for the status bar, which looks appropriate for the black status bar, then go here to download the awesome SkaggzColor font color theme for Metamorph...
Installing the Beautiful Widgets 2.36 skin! REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS!!!!
0. Know that the awesome developers of Beautiful Widgets "LevelUpStudios" got hit with a C&D from HTC because of the likeliness of the widget to the real thing. Thus, it is now defunct, and the developers changed up some things and continued on to live version 2.8x now. I have BW 2.36 on my droid because I like it better, but it has no skinning functions, which the newer versions have. I was messing around with Metamorph and found out that I can edit any and every applications design via Metamorph, of course including apps from the market. The exchange? You need to buy a application called "Root Explorer" which everyone says is a "must have" for root users, from the Android Market. Its a great app, but if anyone know of any free similar functioning apps, please let everyone else know. I will not post any links, or files that will take you to, or download Beautiful Widgets 2.36... because I follow rules... and I'm a bad friend... but I hear Google is your friend...
1. Moving on, so you've got your Droid rooted, you got your hands on BW 2.36 (because you already had it right? eh... I got my eye on you...), and Root Explorer... great... continue...
2. Open up Root Explorer.
3. Once in Root Explorer, you should navigate to data/app and copy the Beautiful Widgets app "com.levelup.beautifulwidgets" and copy and paste (hold down on app, select "Copy") it to your system/app folder, and rename it to "beautifulwidgets.apk" without the quotes.
4. Make sure it is spelled correctly.
5. Make sure you did not DELETE the original .apk file.
6. Open up Metamorph and go to one of my themes, and install the beautifulwidgets.apk option.
7. Drag the widget Beautiful Widget Home to your screen, and enjoy the HTC look of the clock.
A little bit about me: 21 year old CIS Major... record producer/CGI designer/coder... BLEACH fan, Jacob candidate... and part time ninja...
I hope you all like these two themes! If you want other colors for the buttons, let me know! I didn't show you the button color niceness and such! You gotta see for yourself!
Oh yah... I'm gonna start designing for Android really soon!