DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Metamorph for Idiots?!?!

1. Decepticon
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member

Question Metamorph for Idiots?!?!

ok so i've been tinkering arount with a few different ROM's and so far im REALLY liking UltimateDroid from Blackdroid..

however it seems i've been choosing ROM's for their looks rather than performance aspects.. dont get me wrong UD is AWESOME!!

id love to be able to use Metamorph to customize my droid but something about it just baffles me...

anyone know of a good "Metamorph for idiots" tutorial?
    Phones:
    HTC Thunderbolt - Root MikROMS The Perfect Storm ROM
    MOTO DROiD - Root CM7 RC2 OC ChevyNo1 1.25 ulv

my motto... "If it ain't broken... Fix it till it is"
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    adamz 5.1 cust meta 1.1 93. :)
    metamorph is really really easy to use as far as getting images and pushing them to your droid. Its free to download to your phone through the market. Once you have it downloaded you must be rooted btw you open the program and it will ask you to allow the program make sure it is checked in the tab. Now from here you need to exit metamorph as it wont work after you click the permition to allow so click your home button the next time you open it it will work though. Now finding themes is so easy you can find them on this very forum. Once you download the zip file you must extract the file and then place it to a folder name it whatever you want if you chose to change the name, Just make sure you dont change any folders inside unless your changing the images to your own liking such as changing colors of tabs icons ect. That folder will go into the folder on your sd card thats says android themes, Just drop the folder in there and unmount your sdcard and click metamorph icon on your phone the app will open and do checks after that you click add existing themes you will find the folder you put in there here. Click on the folder and in the folder you will see subfolders like mabey contacts phone ect. One of these folders will show a green icon click that icon and then hit apply all your phone will then apply the themes you just added to the folder. Your phone then will ask you to reboot hit yes and reboot thats all your ready to go from there. It might not ask you to reboot and you will notice your new themes. Just make sure you perform a backup before you do this to make sure everything is saved from your last state before your themes were added just incase. Sorry so long I hope this is what your looking for as I really don't know how much you do or dont know about metamorph.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    I've never extraced the theme file *before* I put it in the AndroidThemes folder?? And why would you change the name? The "theme control" file that's inside of the folder *must* be named the same as the main file itself...

The app extracts themes for you

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    adamz 5.1 cust meta 1.1 93. :)
    I extract the themes each time I love to change the themes the only way I can think of as far as seeing the files in windows 7 is to extract them then I open up my editor and change transparency and colors ect. As far as changing the folder name I do it all the time makes it easy to keep track of my mmthemes. Everything I do works flawless and is really quick and easy I see no problem with my method.
    Last edited by kprambo; 03-09-2010 at 01:18 PM.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Well that's cool if that works

That's just the way I understood the MM themes to work I guess. I have edited the themes before, but then I always zipped the file back up and left the same name.

But yeah I wanna try it that way...does sound a little easier
  6. Beta Team
    Member #
    Twitter
    dabowerman
    Phone
    Rooted Droid, OC @ 1.1 Ghz
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    I've never extraced the theme file *before* I put it in the AndroidThemes folder?? And why would you change the name? The "theme control" file that's inside of the folder *must* be named the same as the main file itself...

The app extracts themes for you
    If you extract the .zip file the .thm file can be named anything and doesn't have to match.
    If you like what I do, thanks

Your can follow me as follows

@dabowerman - Twitter
    Derek Bower - G+ - this is where I will be @ the most and where stuff gets released first.

Theming Guides that might come in handy
    Theming Guide for Progress Bar
    Notification Text Color Change (How to)
    Theming Guide for System Text

Links