DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Changing the notification bar color.

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Frim:2.0.1 Build:ESD56

Changing the notification bar color.

I have looked over a bunch of forums and googling and I couldn't find a simple explanation on changing the notification bar color. I finally figured it out on my own and I decided I would post a quick tutorial on changing it. This is a semi-advanced tutorial and I am assuming that you have your phone rooted with SPRecovery installed. To change the notification bar color you simply need to change 3 files in the framework-res.apk in the /res/drawable-hdpi folder. First is the drop down menus background whish is file status_bar_background.png the next is status_bar_close_on.9.png this will change the drop down drag bar. Lastly the actual notification bar file statusbar_background.9.png All you have to do is open it up in gimp/psp/ps/etc and edit the image to your liking. After you are done just dd if=/sdcard/framework-res.apk of=/system/framework/framework-res.apk or if you have busybox installed you can just busybox cp -R etc.. I hope this helps people to change the notification bar color with ease.

*****WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SUITABLE WAY TO RECOVER YOUR PHONE!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE WHO MESSES UP THEIR PHONE BY TRYING THIS OUT!!*****

I promise though if you change these images correctly it will work out just fine! Feel free to ask me any questions or if someone knows a better way post it! Also I posted an example of my notification bar changed..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Changing the notification bar color.-devicenotificationbg.png   Changing the notification bar color.-devicestatusbar.png  

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Thanks acidcore...

Good information

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Frim:2.0.1 Build:ESD56
    well ricky i will go a little more in depth. You need to root your phone there is a great tutroial on here I believe it is called "This is what root is" it involves applying an update.zip to your phone. Once you get that done you should install ADB also a good tutorial on here called something like "Installing ADB". then you open up adb in windows command prompt and type adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk (DIRECTORY ON PC i.e. C:\PulledApps\framework-res.apk this will copy the system file from your phone to your pc. Then you change the filename to framework-res.ZIP then you can extract the zip file and navigate to /res/drawable-hdpi directory this is where these files are located. Then you just replace the files. There are a handful of great tutorials on how to root/adb/create your own themes/graphics on this forum and a lot of other android forums. I qould strongly suggest reading up on all of these before attempting to edit any of the motorola droid system files.

Links