DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: begging for dwang buuf on droid

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by dnatale89 View Post
    i was thinking if i DL another metamorph theme, unzip it, etc and replace the names on the Buuf theme with the ones on the other theme so when droid reads it, it reads the appropriate names but they images are replaced with those of the Buuf theme...

who thinks this is a pissibility?
    I think the images arent the right size for some of the droid stuff. Some reason I cant get the phone dialer to be replaced.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroiD
    ill try it and see if anythings weird looking, then edit it from there...

you seem like a knowledgable dude, how do i find out what i rooted my droid with?
    i have android root helper and SU capablilities but im confused about ROMS, what exactly Cyanogen/MetaMorph are and kernals too...

i kinda need an explination off all this...
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by dnatale89 View Post
    ill try it and see if anythings weird looking, then edit it from there...

you seem like a knowledgable dude, how do i find out what i rooted my droid with?
    i have android root helper and SU capablilities but im confused about ROMS, what exactly Cyanogen/MetaMorph are and kernals too...

i kinda need an explination off all this...
    May I suggest this, its quite easy.

http://downloads.sholes.info/smupdater-7.apk

Download that, use the link on your droid, then once it downloads on your phone, install it.

Then run it. Install and do everything it asks you to until you get to install what rom and choose sholes.info 2.0.3 Choose that and it will download a 90mb file to your phone. Once its done it will ask you to flash the rom, it will then restart your phone, make a nandroid backup of your current phone and then start installing the rom. I suggest installing most the features except the 2.1 launcher it causes force closes and also dont install wifi tether if you dont need it. Once its done, reboot your phone. Also it will ask to install a theme for you and a few apps with that theme next to it, Id do it. Its something glass or glass something.
    Last edited by TNS201; 02-11-2010 at 04:02 PM.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroiD
    i figured it out, i was rooted with busybox. im thinking of actually changing over to sholes but i havent heard of anything that better/worse...cept the whole OC. i catually have setCPU so i can mess around with it but cant actually make it run faster. can i use metamorph on sholes? and how will i know if i have to teather my wifi or not?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links