DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Looking for stand alone short cut bar like Home ++

Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Arrow Looking for stand alone short cut bar like Home ++

Hey guys, i know i'm new here, but i've been reading up this forum a while - its even what made me go out and buy a droid!

Any way, i'm looking for a GDE/Home++/Open Home replacement

I like the 5+ screens in all the others, but what i really would like is just the regular home, with either GDE or Home++ shortcuts at the bottom. I can live with only 3 screens, I cant live with all the Forced Closes from Home++ and that oops-you-swiped-too-hard-now-you're-3-screens-over crap from GDE

...Help? Please?

2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xzdarkstarzx View Post
    Hey guys, i know i'm new here, but i've been reading up this forum a while - its even what made me go out and buy a droid!

Any way, i'm looking for a GDE/Home++/Open Home replacement

I like the 5+ screens in all the others, but what i really would like is just the regular home, with either GDE or Home++ shortcuts at the bottom. I can live with only 3 screens, I cant live with all the Forced Closes from Home++ and that oops-you-swiped-too-hard-now-you're-3-screens-over crap from GDE

...Help? Please?

Patience Grasshopper. The dev of Home++ has stated on the official forum Discussions - Home++ Issues | Google Groups
    That he's working on dividing the app into two separate apps. He also stated that he's gotten requests before for the PowerStrip to be a separate app and has a good idea now...
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    what is the deal with home++, are they updating? is there any time frame? i love it so much. i've tried to switch to other home replacements because it's just so effin buggy, but it's just so much better then the rest. but the buggyness of it is enough to drive me nuts. i've tried reading through the devs site and sometimes it just seems like it's a dead project. guess i'm just impatient
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdkill View Post
    what is the deal with home++, are they updating? is there any time frame? i love it so much. i've tried to switch to other home replacements because it's just so effin buggy, but it's just so much better then the rest. but the buggyness of it is enough to drive me nuts. i've tried reading through the devs site and sometimes it just seems like it's a dead project. guess i'm just impatient
    I'm not entirely sure at present, but I KNOW that it's not dead. I've been just as active on that forum as I have on this one.

I'd say that it's a pretty safe bet that he's working on new things for 2.1. I know he mentioned the 2.1 launcher in the same post as he was talking about separating things.

He's also got a few other projects going [as far as Android is concerned. I'm not sure what else he does with his life.]

As for the issues you're having, have you checked out the forum there? I really haven't had much issue at all with it once I figured out the best way to set it up for myself....

This isn't really the place to do so, but I'd be happy to compare settings with you, either by PM or on Home++'s forum...
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    the problems aren't major. i mean i really love it. the main thing is the force closes which again aren't a big deal. and it just seems laggy sometimes. simple restarts seem to take care of most everything.

Links