DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who boot logos, boot animations, & wallpaper

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)

Doctor Who boot logos, boot animations, & wallpaper

I thought I should put these in a separate thread than my usual stuff. I may have more in the near future. These first few were done by request and were well received, so I hope others will like them. I'm not a Doctor Who fan, but then I've never watched it before. This stuff was fun though, I may have to catch it on BBCA. Enjoy

I made the 2nd one from a background, tardis pic, and logo from the official website. The last 2 are from a Deviant artist, ~DISENT, who did an awesome job; with the last one, I added the Dr Who logo. Click previews or visit the wallpaper gallery link in my sig.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Doctor Who boot logos, boot animations, & wallpaper-blg_3d_tardis_side.jpg   Doctor Who boot logos, boot animations, & wallpaper-blg_3d_tardis_top.jpg  
    Attached Files
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)

Boot animations

This animation is the first 18s of the Series 5 opening titles. Source available here, thanks and credit goes to Antovolks for ripping/editing original BluRay source. Audio version available.

Name:  doctorwho_preview.gif
Views: 2699
Size:  1.90 MB

Extract the bootanimation.zip within. If you use the version with sound, extract both files, place the drwho.ogg in /system/media and install the bootanimation.zip as usual.

The landscape versions are 270x480. They are the same animation, turned 90 degrees CW and scale to 480x854. They should play just as smooth as the standard, portrait mode versions. If anyone wants one to fit on a different phone, let me know the screen resolution of your phone and I'll adjust it for you.

Look at post #6 for additional audio files.
    Look at post #7 for the faster 12fps versions.

UPDATE:
    Look at post #58 for alternate version with slightly better quality source!
    Look at post #54 for qHD versions with new source!

EDIT: I've replaced the sound with the -18dB version, so it's not quite so harsh.
  3. Droid X Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    juhde
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Premium Member
    WOW MAN, this was beyond all my expectations!!! Super smooth and full of timey whimey awsomeness!!!!

Can't wait for some sound to go with it!!!!!

Thanks again!

Cheers!
    iPhone - You're holding it wrong.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Wow, sound is up, but don't use it until I get a chance to lower the volume on it. I finally got a chance to test it on a reboot and it sounded like a ray gun went off in my ear. The sound also finished before the animation so I may have to do a 12fps version for sound to sync properly.

I'll work on it and test it some more tomorrow.
  5. Droid X Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    juhde
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Premium Member
    Pretty sweet man, couldn't you let the sound clip play 2 more seconds instead, then a sharp fade out?

Just a suggestion.

Thank you so much, my phone is FINALLY completely themed, not only finished but polished by a master. Everything you made is visually perfect, spot on.

I hope all the DW fans out there find this and use it!

Cheers

Sent from my Droid
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Thanks so much! I try hard.

I guess the quality is a little too high and the animation lags a bit. During a reboot, it plays in 21 seconds on my phone, while the audio is only 18 sec. flat. I'll see what I can do to make the sync better... maybe adding a couple of seconds, though I really want to keep the thunder in sync with the lightning as it is when I play it via terminal. I have the music soundtrack as well, which doesn't have to be in sync (music only, no thunder), so that may work out better.

For now, I'm about to upload a 12fps version (landscape) which I just tested on my phone. It plays in perfect sync and the audio is much more acceptable. Give that a shot and tell me what you think.

I'm attaching the new audio in this post for anyone who wants to try that out with the original boot animation. I'm assuming that owners of faster phones like the DX aren't having the sync issues with the 24fps version.

Quote Originally Posted by juhde View Post
    Pretty sweet man, couldn't you let the sound clip play 2 more seconds instead, then a sharp fade out?

Just a suggestion.

Thank you so much, my phone is FINALLY completely themed, not only finished but polished by a master. Everything you made is visually perfect, spot on.

I hope all the DW fans out there find this and use it!

Cheers

Sent from my Droid
    Edit: I've added additional ogg audio, including the original with and without fade, which is considerably louder (+18dB). The 20110328_ogg_doctorwho_(-18dB).zip is the audio contained in all of the boot animations I've uploaded.

It appears newer phones such as the DX2 play boot animation audio at lower volume. The volume during the boot animation is controlled, at least we know on the DX2, as opposed to full volume for the older phones. This may have something to do with the bootup sound needing to be moved to /system/media/audio/notification -- could be tied to the notification volume? Until someone figures out how to modify the setting, audio may not be as loud as expected.

Thanks to juhde for help testing!
    Attached Files
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)

Doctor Who boot animation, 12fps versions

Okay, I'm going to put the 12 fps versions here. These may be the best for the D1 and slower phones. I'll update the previous post to add the 24fps landscape versions. Again, this is the same animation, just playing half the frames at 12fps, so it'll play much better on slower phones!
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Okay, I've uploaded all 8 animations; 24fps & 12fps, sound & no sound, portrait & landscape versions. Either I'm getting faster at this, or I'm getting sloppy

All sound versions have the much softer audio clip. Please offer some feedback if anything's not quite right. I'd recommend 24fps for DX/D2 users and 12fps for D1 users, unless you have enabled sound on your D1 but still want the soundless version. It'll still play quite smoothly!
  9. Droid X Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    juhde
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Premium Member
    The 24fps syncs and plays beautifully on my d1, could be because I over clock to 1.2ghz though.

I tried out all the versions you posted and they all look great! The 24 portrait version is the best looking one in my opinion, I'm sure it'll be my boot animation for a long time now, probably the last once I'll ever use!

Cheers

Sent from my Droid
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by juhde View Post
    The 24fps syncs and plays beautifully on my d1, could be because I over clock to 1.2ghz though.
    The 24fps with sound plays and syncs perfectly on my D1 too, but only when I play it after the phone is booted up, launching via terminal. It does so with my phone o/c to only 800 MHz while charging via USB. If I actually reboot my phone, unplugged and regularly o/c to 1GHz, it plays in 21 sec, so there's a few seconds of lag. I've read that the phone is not actually overclocked during the boot animation, so I'm not sure it helps. Do you know otherwise?

I tried out all the versions you posted and they all look great! The 24 portrait version is the best looking one in my opinion, I'm sure it'll be my boot animation for a long time now, probably the last once I'll ever use!

Cheers

Sent from my Droid
    Thanks again for the praise! Last boot ani ever?!? It can't be that good?? And what about my next animation?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links