DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who boot logos, boot animations, & wallpaper

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid X (liberty 1.5)
    Thanks for the awesome boot animation. It looks great on my DX. I did spend a little time extending the audio to match the full duration of the animation for my phone. If anyone wants the extended audio its posted below.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1PEH7UZ8
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Thanks. How much did you extend the audio out of curiosity? And for which version, 24fps? Landscape?

Is the fade out not preferred or just too early?

Academic reasons, you understand. I'm doing more of these silly things.

Also and this goes to everybody. Any interest in me uploading the entire audio track so you can modify the original to suit your preferences? There's a lot of subjectivity in making these, I know, but the audio can be particularly at the artist's discretion.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by djakrse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TCMMFLIOTS View Post
    All this is awesome but how do you work it? I read somewhere that you have to insall bootstrap but my dad would probably freak if he found out I spent $2 on an app. Is there any other way? I have a DX, rooted.
    Care to update on your progress?
    Why of course! thank you for the reply on my other post

So far, I have done nothing. but that's because a.) im lazy and b.) I've had a lot of other stuff to do.

I'll let you know when I get crackin on this again, though
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

Thumbs down

Thanks. How much did you extend the audio out of curiosity? And for which version, 24fps? Landscape?

Also and this goes to everybody. Any interest in me uploading the entire audio track so you can modify the original to suit your preferences? There's a lot of subjectivity in making these, I know, but the audio can be particularly at the artist's discretion.
    I found the original audio clip and cropped it at 23 seconds to match the length of the "video" on my phone. I didn't add a fade because the "DROID" clip plays immediately after it. (Running liberty 1.5 atm if that makes a difference to boot times, i'm kinda new to this whole process yet). The boot animation i'm using is the landscape 24fps one. What are you using for a video decompiler? I haven't had much luck finding any free ones that work. (Running windows 7 64bit pro)

Again THX for the awesome work!!
    Last edited by blaemmer; 04-05-2011 at 05:52 AM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by blaemmer View Post

I found the original audio clip and cropped it at 23 seconds to match the length of the "video" on my phone. I didn't add a fade because the "DROID" clip plays immediately after it. (Running liberty 1.5 atm if that makes a difference to boot times, i'm kinda new to this whole process yet). The boot animation i'm using is the landscape 24fps one.
    So Liberty 1.5 is froyo based, correct? How did you enable sound?

I assume you replaced your /system/bin/bootanimation binary with the one from the D2R2D2 or did you do the script hack to enable sound? I would have expected the animation to play more in sync on the DX.
    What are you using for a video decompiler? I haven't had much luck finding any free ones that work. (Running windows 7 64bit pro)

Again THX for the awesome work!!
    Thanks for the praise!

I rarely use video demuxing software like VirtualDub or TMPGEnc, though they are nice for clipping video. Usually, I use SUPER v.2010.bld.42 (Nov 7, 2010)* to convert video to "Sequence of Images" > PNG. This works fine for short video of 5 min. or less, resulting in output of ~200MB-1GB of PNGs in about 5-10 min. Most of the sources I've used have been FLV or MP4 from YouTube or similar and work fine with SUPER. Some have been AVI, which can use any codec, but I think I've managed to use SUPER for them as well (there is an option to DirectShow Decode if internal filters fail.) From there, I batch scale, rotate, convert to JPG, and rename with Irfanview. I use Photoshop to batch scale and rotate if there is any cropping or other editing to do first, and then convert to JPG and rename with Irfanview.

Audio can be extracted from FLV, usually in MP3 format with FLV Extract. I do audio editing (clip/volume/fade) with Audacity and then export to MP3 or OGG. MP4 audio can often be extracted with Quicktime Pro without reconversion. I've also used AoA Audio Extractor, which works quite often and is free. If you get audio clips from these sources which can't be imported into Audacity or other editor, converting with SUPER to OGG usually works fine.

* NOTE: I would recommend the latest version of SUPER, but it installed bundled software that I was not given the option to install, thus the immediate uninstall. It's also one of those softwares that kind of rub me the wrong way with a sort of odd interface and peculiar behavior as well. E.g., the window is set to stay on top of everything, so when working with it, you have to minimize to see other applications. However, it does what I want it to very well and for free.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Im assuming Liberty Rom enabled sound because i didn't do anything other than putting the ogg in system/media. The audio seemed in sync just a few seconds short on my DX.

Thanks for the info, SUPER worked very well for me, and i see what you mean about it being...peculiar. I'm working on making a boot animation of the opening star wars scroll, the vid->png worked well, got the png's resized and rotated properly, it plays properly but...ironically the sound refuses to play.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Cool, I can't wait to see your finished animation!

There's a few reasons sound might not play. I assume you got it in the right format, mp3 or ogg. Make sure the filename is called correctly in your desc.txt. You must have a line break at the end of your desc.txt as well. I have to assume you placed it correctly in /system/media, since you got mine to play. I'll try to think of anything else.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

There's a few reasons sound might not play. I assume you got it in the right format, mp3 or ogg. Make sure the filename is called correctly in your desc.txt. You must have a line break at the end of your desc.txt as well. I have to assume you placed it correctly in /system/media, since you got mine to play. I'll try to think of anything else.
    Would the lack of a line break cause the sound not to play? I copied and edited your desc.txt to fit my animation and that seemed to take care of it, so I wonder if that was it. Also, is there a maximum length for boot animations/sounds? Right now its a little long at 37sec and i intend to trim it down, i just wanted to see how it worked, and the sound file cuts out well before 37sec.

*edit* I've trimmed it down to 18 seconds, but for some reason it takes about 28 seconds to play the "video", 273 frames at 15fps SHOULD be 18.2 seconds, so i'm guessing i'm getting some REALLY bad lag for some reason. This is driving me nuts lol.
    Last edited by blaemmer; 04-06-2011 at 08:56 AM.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by blaemmer View Post

Would the lack of a line break cause the sound not to play? I copied and edited your desc.txt to fit my animation and that seemed to take care of it, so I wonder if that was it. Also, is there a maximum length for boot animations/sounds? Right now its a little long at 37sec and i intend to trim it down, i just wanted to see how it worked, and the sound file cuts out well before 37sec.
    Yeah, a line is ignored if it doesn't have a line break after it. I'm not certain what the maximum length of a boot animation should be, but it's probably around 25-30 seconds, though the sound will definitely cut out about when the home screen is loaded and the lockscreen is ready to appear. This is probably when the phone vibrates. I find that boot animations tend to lag or even freeze after this point, and I've several times had the animation freeze on a certain frame with the lockscreen visible. After unlocking, the wallpaper wouldn't even load until I hit the home button.

Sorry, I submitted over an hour ago and didn't notice the 'Bad Request' error. At least when hitting back, all the text is still there and you don't lose the entire post.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Links