DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who boot logos, boot animations, & wallpaper

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Be sure to compare the quality as you see it. I think I noticed the banding more with this version.

I have another video source I am working with which has better color saturation and less banding. The frames don't line up over the course of the 18 seconds, but I'm hoping it'll look a little better, certainly in the soundless versions.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    ok i tried all versions and they play just fine. its just the sound. it does not lag, infact the 24fps syncs nice with sound on my droid. it just stops when that short vibration occurs during the boot process but the animation continues for the full 18 sec.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by wallratt View Post
    ok i tried all versions and they play just fine. its just the sound. it does not lag, infact the 24fps syncs nice with sound on my droid. it just stops when that short vibration occurs during the boot process but the animation continues for the full 18 sec.
    Let me upload a louder sound clip to make sure its not just too soft at the end. I made it to taper off the last second and particularly the last fraction it is softer. It might be too much for this softer sound though it was necessary at the original volume.

As a matter of fact, I'll UL a clip with no fade at all.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Oddly enough I've noticed my phone does not vibrate during boot anymore
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Try this clip out and you should be able to tell exactly when the audio ends... just half a second of the whistling at the end. It's a few dB louder as well.
    Attached Files
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    All this is awesome but how do you work it? I read somewhere that you have to insall bootstrap but my dad would probably freak if he found out I spent $2 on an app. Is there any other way? I have a DX, rooted.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by TCMMFLIOTS View Post
    All this is awesome but how do you work it? I read somewhere that you have to insall bootstrap but my dad would probably freak if he found out I spent $2 on an app. Is there any other way? I have a DX, rooted.
    You have to pay for DX bootstrapper? Is there more than one these days? I don't know how much you've read thus far since rooting your phone. I'm also not in the know about the DX since I've had my D1 for a year now. Please look into custom recovery if you have not already.

You should definitely do your own research to make certain you know what you are doing. Don't trust anyone to tell you how to mod your phone as there could always be special factors at play.

That said, start here. This will give you the necessary steps to enable sound during bootup and help you install the boot animation. AFAIK (remember what I said), You shouldn't need to install anything else.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by wallratt View Post
    Did you actually count the seconds to make certain it's not playing slow? I saw your post in Chevyno1's thread, so that tells me you are running his GB rom and have the stock D1 /system/bin/bootanimation binary. That animation shouldn't play in 18 seconds with that configuration, I believe.

Replacing the binary with the one from the D2R2D2 is what allows the D1 to have boot audio (not the only option obviously), and play 24 fps bootanimations at full speed. The stock binary could not play but the smallest 24 fps animations at full speed. Even though some played smoothly, when I counted the seconds, it often added up to 1.5 to 2 times the actual time elapsed. I suspect this may be the case.

Unfortunately, replacing the bootanimation binary is not an option for Gingerbread roms currently as I've been told. While the script hack enables sound for GB roms, it leaves D1 users restricted to their stock binary. The D2R2D2 binary does not seem to be compatible with GB, not playing animations at all. Hopefully, an updated binary will be available once GB hits the D2R2D2.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by TCMMFLIOTS View Post
    Care to update on your progress?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    hey thanks for all your help and for some excelent work, my friends are envious. For now i will just be happy that i have audio during the boot and see if i can figure this out.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Links