DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ThemeR Studio

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    big thanks for this. went off without a hitch for me.
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Twitter
    _CorCor67
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Glad to hear
  3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    jatx2wne
    Phone
    nexus
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    somehow I screwed something up I imagine I did it while trying to learn how to compile cm from source and also get and compile the source for the theming engine which I finally have both of those working and assume I did something that screwed up a path for your set up.
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
    Thats the error I get any idea what I have to edit to get it working again and hopefully not break those other setups I checked the .bashrc and that all seems to be fine and being a complete linux noob im at a loss

4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Twitter
    _CorCor67
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Premium Member
    You installed another version of java, need to switch back to 6 for apkmanager...

run this in terminal

Code:
    sudo update-alternatives --config java
    Then switch to JDK 6...when you want to compile CM again run it again and switch back
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 2.3.20.A955
    Yeah I have those folders in /home/myusername/Android

The way you said it in your instruction sounded like they should not be in that directory but rather than the same directory as where the ThemeRStudio folder should be (on Desktop). But they are in where you just listed.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 as dual boot installed along-side of Windows Vista 32 bit 86x. Another thing I noticed is the more I'm on Ubuntu and going through different stuff trying to see where everything is and take a look at everything, the slower and sluggish Ubuntu becomes. I wonder if this is sort of acting like the Android system, where if you have many things going on in the background it gets sluggish. When I first started, I would click on the Application button, on the side panel, and it would instantly open up. But now it takes between 5 to 8 minutes to open up. Not good.

Edit: Forgot to say, when I tried dragging a folder or Application to the desktop and then let go of the button it just disappears. Kind of like if you were to drag a file/folder or application in Windows you would get that little red "not allowed" sign and it disappears until you place it in an appropriate place.
    Last edited by TheSwaggeR; 03-16-2011 at 10:40 PM.
    Funny how some people complain more than my 2 year old daughter does.
  6. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    jatx2wne
    Phone
    nexus
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CorCor67 View Post
    You installed another version of java, need to switch back to 6 for apkmanager...

run this in terminal

Code:
    sudo update-alternatives --config java
    Then switch to JDK 6...when you want to compile CM again run it again and switch back
    thanks man worked like a charm

7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Twitter
    _CorCor67
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSwaggeR View Post
    Yeah I have those folders in /home/myusername/Android

The way you said it in your instruction sounded like they should not be in that directory but rather than the same directory as where the ThemeRStudio folder should be (on Desktop). But they are in where you just listed.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 as dual boot installed along-side of Windows Vista 32 bit 86x. Another thing I noticed is the more I'm on Ubuntu and going through different stuff trying to see where everything is and take a look at everything, the slower and sluggish Ubuntu becomes. I wonder if this is sort of acting like the Android system, where if you have many things going on in the background it gets sluggish. When I first started, I would click on the Application button, on the side panel, and it would instantly open up. But now it takes between 5 to 8 minutes to open up. Not good.

Edit: Forgot to say, when I tried dragging a folder or Application to the desktop and then let go of the button it just disappears. Kind of like if you were to drag a file/folder or application in Windows you would get that little red "not allowed" sign and it disappears until you place it in an appropriate place.
    Ok try by command line, at least that way it should give you an explanation as to why it won't write to your desktop...
    Code:
    7z x -o"/home/$USER/Desktop" /home/$USER/Downloads/ThemeRStudio.7z
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 2.3.20.A955
    I won't be able to do that command line because I got rid of Ubuntu and am using Linux Mint. It works a lot better than the Ubuntu 10.10.

Now I just have to figure out how to get my phone hooked up as a driver and be able to adb pull files out.

Sent from the D2... obviously...
    Funny how some people complain more than my 2 year old daughter does.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    wow, this is great. Can't imagine how much time you put into this. I spent hours yesterday setting up android SDK yesterday. I'm a noob to using it but still thought it was silly to be so difficult to set it up in Linux (Ubuntu 10.10). Most guides are written on Windows ironically. Thanks a lot. (im realdriller on twitter you sent the link to, thanks)

If I have everything setup, do you think running your script over it will mess things up? I mainly used this guide but had to modify a few things:

[GUIDE] Lazyman's installation guide to ADB on Ubuntu 10.10 - xda-developers
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Twitter
    _CorCor67
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSwaggeR View Post
    I won't be able to do that command line because I got rid of Ubuntu and am using Linux Mint. It works a lot better than the Ubuntu 10.10.

Now I just have to figure out how to get my phone hooked up as a driver and be able to adb pull files out.

Sent from the D2... obviously...
    yes sir you can I run linux mint myself...for adb go into your sdk folder...if setup sdk using these scripts press ctrl+alt+t to open a terminal
    type this
    Code:
    cd ~/Android/android-sdk-linux_x86/platform-tools
    make sure you have your phone plugged into the usb & have usb debugging enabled in the settings
    then run adb as you normally would
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links