DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for theming help.

1. Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Twitter
    @B_boytm
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Hawk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by B-boy™ View Post
    To my knowledge, a theme is just a bunch of edited png's so if a theme is meant for 1 rom or phone, it can usually be ported over easily minus any xml edits... so even if you created a new framework res, the names of the icons is what matters and of course the directory they go to... the original DROID utilizes the drawable-HDPI folder.. the path is framework-res/res/drawable-hdpi... in there are the majority of the icons... donwload complete and sms/mms notifications aren't in there tho.... but 3g, battery, signal, wifi, download and upload, a majority of menu icons, etc are....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    I looked through drawable-HDPI folder for both and they do match up just with different images for the most part.
    So in theory all I have to do is copy the new images over on top of the Bugless Beast images and just put it back into a .zip and flash it?

Now where are things like the xml files to edit text color, e.g. the clock color, date color, notification color.

Also where is the keyboard located to theme that?
    I haven't ran bb so I don't know if that's an option that can be changed in settings or not... like CM and UD and PE all have their own settings menu where you can change all of those colors quickly, then reboot..
    otherwise you're looking at something beyond me, I edit xml's in my themes but I think those are .jar files or .smali and I have no knowledge there..

http://bit.ly/BboyTMwebsite
    <-- My Website - The ALL-In-1 Place for all my work

http://twitter.com/#!/B_boytm <-- Follow me on TWITTER...
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    To my knowledge, a theme is just a bunch of edited png's so if a theme is meant for 1 rom or phone, it can usually be ported over easily minus any xml edits... so even if you created a new framework res, the names of the icons is what matters and of course the directory they go to... the original DROID utilizes the drawable-HDPI folder.. the path is framework-res/res/drawable-hdpi... in there are the majority of the icons... donwload complete and sms/mms notifications aren't in there tho.... but 3g, battery, signal, wifi, download and upload, a majority of menu icons, etc are....

I looked through drawable-HDPI folder for both and they do match up just with different images for the most part.
    So in theory all I have to do is copy the new images over on top of the Bugless Beast images and just put it back into a .zip and flash it?

Now where are things like the xml files to edit text color, e.g. the clock color, date color, notification color.

Also where is the keyboard located to theme that?
    I haven't ran bb so I don't know if that's an option that can be changed in settings or not... like CM and UD and PE all have their own settings menu where you can change all of those colors quickly, then reboot..
    otherwise you're looking at something beyond me, I edit xml's in my themes but I think those are .jar files or .smali and I have no knowledge there..
    There is a framework.jar file in BB, but not in my theme. What is that exactly?
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Are you sure the keyboard is on it's own? I see keyboard buttons and letters in the framework.apk.
  4. Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Twitter
    @B_boytm
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Premium Member
    To go along with what Xkape said, if you open both framework-res's with zip -"open archive".. just drag all the edited images from BBv05 into the framework for BBv06 from the drawable-hdpi and land hdpi folders and call it a day... unless you plan on editing the images even more...

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by xkape View Post
    the keyboard is on its own. you theme that by doing the same thing you do for framework-res.apk but just do it with LatinIME.apk

If you want to edit xmls, I have a guide already writted for that. I actually made it for people exactly like you. Read the intro to verify that.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tea...ow-basics.html
    Are you sure the keyboard is on its own? I see buttons and letters in the framework.apk

Also I'm not going to use the SDK to edit xmls. I downloaded it once and couldn't figure out how to use it and it wouldn't let me delete it from my computer. So I need another method on how to edit XMLs.
  6. Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Twitter
    @B_boytm
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xkape View Post
    the keyboard is on its own. you theme that by doing the same thing you do for framework-res.apk but just do it with LatinIME.apk

If you want to edit xmls, I have a guide already writted for that. I actually made it for people exactly like you. Read the intro to verify that.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tea...ow-basics.html
    Are you sure the keyboard is on its own? I see buttons and letters in the framework.apk

Also I'm not going to use the SDK to edit xmls. I downloaded it once and couldn't figure out how to use it and it wouldn't let me delete it from my computer. So I need another method on how to edit XMLs.
    you don't need the android sdk.. get the apk manager 4.8 or 4.9 for simple xml editing.. decompile the apk, edit the xml, compile back up, open archive with 7zip and drag all the edited png's into the unsignedframework-res.apk... rename it to framework-res.apk and toss it in an update.zip... as far as the keyboard goes, in the system/app/ section is where contacts.apk, phone.apk,settings.apk, etc are all located and latinIME.apk is the keyboard...

7. Beta Team/Marty McFly
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    stetsonaw
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Premium Member
    There is a framework.jar file in BB, but not in my theme. What is that exactly?
    the reason it's not in your theme is because it doesn't change.

Themes aren't full roms. They just make changes to certain files. If it's not in your theme, then don't worry about it.
  8. Beta Team/Marty McFly
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    stetsonaw
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Premium Member
    Are you sure the keyboard is on it's own? I see keyboard buttons and letters in the framework.apk.
    Keyboard is on its own, LatinIME.apk, or LatinGoogleIme.apk, or a variation thereof. The files in the framework drawable folders aren't used. Not sure why exactly they are there, one of the smarter guys around here probably knows.
  9. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Phone
    Bionic, G Nex and T Prime
    Premium Member
    yes unless you plan on using ADB tu pull and push apps, you dont need the SDK.. my instructions for editing xmls will show you how to do this both ways in that link i stuck up earlier. Also, you could always use a hex editor I guess.

the clock and such is part of services.jar... you need to make sure you have your environment variables setup for java jdk and also need a tool called colorchangev3.jar.

Once those are installed properly, its nothing more than a little command promt stuff.

java -Xmx512m -jar colorChangev3.jar yourtheme.zip clock=FFBC1010

would change the clock color to red

Well, after you do that, you also need to edit the statusbar xmls in the framework
    Choices always were a problem for you
    What you need is someone stong to guide you, like me.
    Trust In Me now don't you judge or question
    You are broken now but faith can heal you
    Just do everything I tell you to do
  10. Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Twitter
    @B_boytm
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Premium Member
    That sounds fun... lol... on a side note if you edit the #ffffff in values/styles.xml on the widget keyboard it changes the text color of the letters on the stock keyboard .. which is lame since the keyboard is in latinIME.Apk.... goofy how they set it all up.... haha

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links