DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question about Theming a Clock Widget.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Skylordusa
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Question about Theming a Clock Widget.

Just had a quick question about theming widgets. If you download a clock widget from the market (I downloaded Retro Clock) does it download to your phone as an apk? Or something else. I am unable to find the apk for it in the system folder or anywhere else for that matter. Is it possible to theme a widget/apk like this?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Skylordusa
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Im good with using ADB and everything else. I just need to find where it was installed and if it is possible to theme this type of app.
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    You should be able to theme it no prob. Did you check data/app?

tappin and a talkin
  4. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Give me a sec and I'll see where it is for you..

DroidForums Junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX HD
    It'll be in data/app but not necessarily be the name of the app. Most likely com. something or other. For instance, Laucher Pro shows up something like com.fede.launcher ...

Hope that helps

Sent from my Sourcery infused DROID

RETIRED THEMER
    (Check out my Droid 1 themes - click here)

6. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member
    Yank is right

DroidForums Junkie!!

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Skylordusa
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by spaz33g View Post

tappin and a talkin
    Ok thats weird. When I use Astro on my phone and navigate to data it tells me theres nothing in this directory. But when using adb and navigating to data there are folders in that directory and when going to the app folder I do see retro clock but it shows up as n1.jsource.retroclock.android.-1.apk. So this is where everything that I downloaded from the market is installed? I am a noob so I have never touched anything in this folder before. All the stuff I have themed were apps that were included with the custom rom in the system/app directory. Do I pull these the same way using adb? And if so can I just rename it to retroclock.apk and add it to the system directory of my updatetheme.zip and install or will that not work? Sorry about the questions. This is like a whole new world to me now seeing these apps from the market in this folder.
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by skylordusa1 View Post

tappin and a talkin
    Ok thats weird. When I use Astro on my phone and navigate to data it tells me theres nothing in this directory. But when using adb and navigating to data there are folders in that directory and when going to the app folder I do see retro clock but it shows up as n1.jsource.retroclock.android.-1.apk. So this is where everything that I downloaded from the market is installed? I am a noob so I have never touched anything in this folder before. All the stuff I have themed were apps that were included with the custom rom in the system/app directory. Do I pull these the same way using adb? And if so can I just rename it to retroclock.apk and add it to the system directory of my updatetheme.zip and install or will that not work? Sorry about the questions. This is like a whole new world to me now seeing these apps from the market in this folder.
    Ya that all sounds right. You can push it to system/app if you'd like but you should be able the theme it and push it back to data/app.

I will say the other two in here know a loooot more than I do about theming though so see what they have to say.

tappin and a talkin
  9. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member
    Astro won't show certain files. Go get Root Explorer and you'll see it. You can just leave it named what it is now, plug your phone into your computer, and copy the apk to desktop or wherever.

DroidForums Junkie!!

10. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member
    Yank is king though

Quote Originally Posted by skylordusa1 View Post

tappin and a talkin
    Ya that all sounds right. You can push it to system/app if you'd like but you should be able the theme it and push it back to data/app.

I will say the other two in here know a loooot more than I do about theming though so see what they have to say.

tappin and a talkin

DroidForums Junkie!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links