DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Gmail

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Gmail

Heres the deal..My screen gave out and my wife took the phone to verizon to get checked. I got a new one and since they didnt know what gmail I had on it they created a new one for the contacts. SO now I added my old gmail acct and was hoping wiith that I could get all my old apps and old settings on my phone but nope nothing has happened yet! So do I have to remove the gmail that was created or do I just have to upload all the apps again? Oh and Id like to remove the first gmail added since I have no use for it!

I have the Moto Droid..Thanks in advance!
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Every Verizon Android!
    Try a factory reset on the phone and hopefully it will get rid of the old account and all you would have to do is log in with your old one at the set-up screen.
  3. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    First delete the gmail that Verizon put on the phone. To do that go to settings > Accounts & Sync > click on the account you want to delete then hit "delete account". Once that is done then go into your correct gmail account and check all the boxes (sync contacts, sync gmail, sync calendar) this should start your sync with your google account and bring over your contacts in your gmail. Then go into settings > applications > manage applications > market You want to clear both data and cache in the market. Once done back out to your home screen. Then go into the market. You most likely will have to sign in and then your paid apps should download.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Every Verizon Android!
    Quote Originally Posted by dlwhtrose View Post
    First delete the gmail that Verizon put on the phone. To do that go to settings > Accounts & Sync > click on the account you want to delete then hit "delete account". Once that is done then go into your correct gmail account and check all the boxes (sync contacts, sync gmail, sync calendar) this should start your sync with your google account and bring over your contacts in your gmail. Then go into settings > applications > manage applications > market You want to clear both data and cache in the market. Once done back out to your home screen. Then go into the market. You most likely will have to sign in and then your paid apps should download.
    Will it let you delete that account? I don't think it will. Should give you a message that the account is needed for some apps on the phone. Maybe they have changed it so you can delete if you have another account on the phone, but I know that you never used to be able to.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    I was able to delete it...Thx for the help
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolo Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by stxangler View Post
    I was able to delete it...Thx for the help
    How were you able to do it? If by factory resseting, then thats where my problem is.
    I am trying to delete the "default" account that i had to put into the phone when I originally set it up to access the Market. I am giving my Droid 1 to a friend to use for a little while and I dont want to do a factory reset because it was flashed to Metro PCS and all the settings are programmed for everything to work on Metro's network. If I reset, I'll lose everything. The Droid is rooted and I know theres a way to delete the email account using a file browser and deleting a file within it. I just dont know which file. I have searched and searched but, haven't found where the destination of the file exactly is. Can anyone please shed some light on my situation.
    Thanks in advance.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolo Droid X
    I figured it out. You obviously have to be rooted and with Root Explorer go to /data/system and delete the "accounts.db" file then reboot the phone and your golden. I definitely recomend doing a Nandroid backup first just in case you accidently delete the wrong file.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Actually my phone aint rooted!
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolo Droid X
    Well then you have to do a factory reset to delete the "default" account.
    You really should root. There's soooo many advantages when rooted and you can always unroot it when you have to take it to Verizon. They'll never know you messed with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Links