DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Bad app or 2.0.1 bug?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4

Bad app or 2.0.1 bug?

I'm guessing the first, but I'm wondering if anyone else has been seeing it. After some usage (and ever since 12/11) when the search bar on the top of the home page is tapped it doesn't respond normally...the bottom half highlights orange, any text input appears in half hight font, but the system doesn't respond to whatever was entered (search won't work at all). Everything else on the phone is funtioning normally, though. Hard reset via the battery brings everything back to normal, at least until it happens again.

Anyone else seeing anything like it, or am I on my way to a VW store?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    One thing you can try first (though I am doubtful it will be a permanent fix) is to remove the Search Widget from the Desktop and then simply put it back (long press on the desktop and choose widgets)

But I think you answered your own question. If a hard reset fixes the problem "for a while" but then once you put your apps back in, it happens again... it is one of the apps.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5 and DROID MAXX
    Just remove that search widget. It's redundant anyway, and just wastes screen space. Touch the Search button at the bottom right to do the same thing, or long-touch for voice search.

Links