DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Third droid phone shuts off like past ones

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris

Third droid phone shuts off like past ones

I received my 2nd Droid Eris replacement phone last week. I followed the included instructions and activated my new phone. Saturday while traveling I watched as my phone shut off. On Sunday I attempted to make a call from my favorites list, I have three favorites on that page. The phone froze and several attempts failed to get any response from the phone. I finally gave up and set the phone down. My first phone was replaced due to phone locking up. The second phone was replaced due to the continued shutting off. The phones show these problems with all third party software installed or removed.Now I have both symptoms in one phone. I am starting to think there is something inherently wrong with these phones?

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cross1933 View Post
    I received my 2nd Droid Eris replacement phone last week. I followed the included instructions and activated my new phone. Saturday while traveling I watched as my phone shut off. On Sunday I attempted to make a call from my favorites list, I have three favorites on that page. The phone froze and several attempts failed to get any response from the phone. I finally gave up and set the phone down. My first phone was replaced due to phone locking up. The second phone was replaced due to the continued shutting off. The phones show these problems with all third party software installed or removed.Now I have both symptoms in one phone. I am starting to think there is something inherently wrong with these phones?
    Nope. You just have bad luck. Either that or you're installing apps that aren't good for you Droid like an app killer or virus protection, but I kind of doubt even if you do that would be the issue. I see you have an Eris. If this happens on your next phone do a factory data reset and see if that doesn't fix you up.

Vast majority of us have no major issues like this, and none of the problems you mention are normal and acceptable by us.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2
    Very new to this phone and crazy technology that comes with it for my behind the times ass... ur saying app killer is no good? Why is that and I should now uninstall?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Yes, that's what I'm saying. But let's keep this thread on topic if you want more information about this please go here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...evelopers.html
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2
    Thanx pal like I said im new don't know about topics just yet
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cross1933 View Post
    Nope. You just have bad luck. Either that or you're installing apps that aren't good for you Droid like an app killer or virus protection, but I kind of doubt even if you do that would be the issue. I see you have an Eris. If this happens on your next phone do a factory data reset and see if that doesn't fix you up.

Vast majority of us have no major issues like this, and none of the problems you mention are normal and acceptable by us.
    No antivirus, never used one on these phones.

Same symptoms existed on past phone after factory reset on last phone. After the factory reset they sent me a knew phone.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by lindsay22 View Post
    Very new to this phone and crazy technology that comes with it for my behind the times ass... ur saying app killer is no good? Why is that and I should now uninstall?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
    I heard the app killer is bad to run, quit using that after my first phone.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I am on my second D2G and both were starting to freez while making a phone call and had no response and just reboted same thing happened to last droid, wats the problem the phone hardware? or software?
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Mgwood maybe its not the phone, but something you've been doing to it.
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I dont know, I clear the cache and force stop programs that i didn neet and I didnt downlead third party apps, it did the same thing as the last one i had. Just did it today once for the first time.. anny suggestions anybody?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links