DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Third droid phone shuts off like past ones

  1. Junior Droid
    cross1933's Avatar
    Member #
    110105
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    #1

    Third droid phone shuts off like past ones

    I received my 2nd Droid Eris replacement phone last week. I followed the included instructions and activated my new phone. Saturday while traveling I watched as my phone shut off. On Sunday I attempted to make a call from my favorites list, I have three favorites on that page. The phone froze and several attempts failed to get any response from the phone. I finally gave up and set the phone down. My first phone was replaced due to phone locking up. The second phone was replaced due to the continued shutting off. The phones show these problems with all third party software installed or removed.Now I have both symptoms in one phone. I am starting to think there is something inherently wrong with these phones?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by cross1933 View Post
    I received my 2nd Droid Eris replacement phone last week. I followed the included instructions and activated my new phone. Saturday while traveling I watched as my phone shut off. On Sunday I attempted to make a call from my favorites list, I have three favorites on that page. The phone froze and several attempts failed to get any response from the phone. I finally gave up and set the phone down. My first phone was replaced due to phone locking up. The second phone was replaced due to the continued shutting off. The phones show these problems with all third party software installed or removed.Now I have both symptoms in one phone. I am starting to think there is something inherently wrong with these phones?
    Nope. You just have bad luck. Either that or you're installing apps that aren't good for you Droid like an app killer or virus protection, but I kind of doubt even if you do that would be the issue. I see you have an Eris. If this happens on your next phone do a factory data reset and see if that doesn't fix you up.

    Vast majority of us have no major issues like this, and none of the problems you mention are normal and acceptable by us.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid Newbie
    lindsay22's Avatar
    Member #
    135305
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    droid 2
    #3
    Very new to this phone and crazy technology that comes with it for my behind the times ass... ur saying app killer is no good? Why is that and I should now uninstall?

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  5. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #4
    Yes, that's what I'm saying. But let's keep this thread on topic if you want more information about this please go here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...evelopers.html
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Droid Newbie
    lindsay22's Avatar
    Member #
    135305
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    droid 2
    #5
    Thanx pal like I said im new don't know about topics just yet
  7. Junior Droid
    cross1933's Avatar
    Member #
    110105
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cross1933 View Post
    I received my 2nd Droid Eris replacement phone last week. I followed the included instructions and activated my new phone. Saturday while traveling I watched as my phone shut off. On Sunday I attempted to make a call from my favorites list, I have three favorites on that page. The phone froze and several attempts failed to get any response from the phone. I finally gave up and set the phone down. My first phone was replaced due to phone locking up. The second phone was replaced due to the continued shutting off. The phones show these problems with all third party software installed or removed.Now I have both symptoms in one phone. I am starting to think there is something inherently wrong with these phones?
    Nope. You just have bad luck. Either that or you're installing apps that aren't good for you Droid like an app killer or virus protection, but I kind of doubt even if you do that would be the issue. I see you have an Eris. If this happens on your next phone do a factory data reset and see if that doesn't fix you up.

    Vast majority of us have no major issues like this, and none of the problems you mention are normal and acceptable by us.
    No antivirus, never used one on these phones.

    Same symptoms existed on past phone after factory reset on last phone. After the factory reset they sent me a knew phone.
  8. Junior Droid
    cross1933's Avatar
    Member #
    110105
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by lindsay22 View Post
    Very new to this phone and crazy technology that comes with it for my behind the times ass... ur saying app killer is no good? Why is that and I should now uninstall?

    Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
    I heard the app killer is bad to run, quit using that after my first phone.
  9. Droid Newbie
    mgwood80's Avatar
    Member #
    187682
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #8
    I am on my second D2G and both were starting to freez while making a phone call and had no response and just reboted same thing happened to last droid, wats the problem the phone hardware? or software?
  10. Droid Ninja
    kptphalkon's Avatar
    Member #
    155133
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,389
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    #9
    Mgwood maybe its not the phone, but something you've been doing to it.
  11. Droid Newbie
    mgwood80's Avatar
    Member #
    187682
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #10
    I dont know, I clear the cache and force stop programs that i didn neet and I didnt downlead third party apps, it did the same thing as the last one i had. Just did it today once for the first time.. anny suggestions anybody?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Help!!! Phone shuts its self off whenever....
    By amberc922 in forum Droid 2 Tech Issues
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 06:43 PM
  2. Rooted Motorola Droid - phone shuts off after taking pix
    By newbie48 in forum Droid Rooted Help
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 06:05 AM
  3. after 2.2 update bluetooth shuts off when display shuts off
    By jim11 in forum Droid Incredible Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2010, 07:10 AM
  4. camera shuts phone down
    By budmckay80 in forum Bugless
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 03:33 PM
  5. Phone shuts itself off....
    By mrdorunjr in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 03:42 PM

Search tags for this page

android phone turns off

,

droid 2 global powers off during calls, is it the hardware?

,

droid eris shuts down

,

droid eris shuts off

,
droid razor music shut down unexpectedly
,

droid shuts off while talking

,

droid x shuts down after activation

,

how to solve droid x shutoff problem

,

phone turns off when downloading an app

,

when i watch videos on droid incredible my phone shuts compl

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+