DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: im a newbie and need help!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid

im a newbie and need help!

hey guys this is my first post, after dealing with blackberries for a couple years (and hating them) i finally got a droid last week and feel in love with it right away never want anything else. but i screwed up and had it on my lap when i was in the car and forgot it was there until i got out and it feel on the ground, after that later on that night i realized that the left side of the screen including the back button stoped responding to touch, now i bought this off of a friend so i have no warranty or insurance, so should i buy another one with a bad esn for parts and change the whole screen assembly(assuming its the digitizer) or just buy a new digitizer and change it, or take it somewhere to get that done??
    thank you,
    mike
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    WiCK3D_SiX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I 535
    Did you have insurance on your blackberry? I already called asurion and Verizon. Both told me any phone I add to my plan no matter how purchased will be covered by manufacturer, Verizon, and asurion.

Sent from my D1 on UD @ 1.2Ghz
    :motodroidvert: Samsung Galaxy S3
    Rooted
    Unlocked
    Synergy ROM
    1.9 Ghz

Motorola Droid X
    Traded

Motorola Droid
    RETIRED (old faithful)
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by SEMPERFIDELIS View Post
    Did you have insurance on your blackberry? I already called asurion and Verizon. Both told me any phone I add to my plan no matter how purchased will be covered by manufacturer, Verizon, and asurion.

yeah i did i wasnt aware that it transfers over, but isnt the deductable like 70 bucks or more?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    WiCK3D_SiX
    Phone
    How much can you get a parts phone for? confident you can rebuild it? you could replace it with asurion and know it will be fine and under warranty, or attempt to fix it yourself and upon opening the device void any hope of a warranty if something went wrong. In my opinion unless your an electronics tech I would opt for the insurance. At least if you get a bad refurb you can simply return it. Just my .02

Rooted
    Unlocked
    Synergy ROM
    1.9 Ghz

Motorola Droid X
    Traded

Motorola Droid
    RETIRED (old faithful)
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    How much can you get a parts phone for? confident you can rebuild it? you could replace it with asurion and know it will be fine and under warranty, or attempt to fix it yourself and upon opening the device void any hope of a warranty if something went wrong. In my opinion unless your an electronics tech I would opt for the insurance. At least if you get a bad refurb you can simply return it. Just my .02

im pretty sure i can handle it im good with that stuff always fixed everyones nextels and ipods back in the day lol even tho i know this is on a different level i think i could handle it but my main question is do you think it is the digitizer?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    WiCK3D_SiX
    Phone
    Not something I can answer, maybe someone else will come along that can help you out on that one. Best of luck.

Rooted
    Unlocked
    Synergy ROM
    1.9 Ghz

Motorola Droid X
    Traded

Motorola Droid
    RETIRED (old faithful)
  7. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Would a digitizer cause just one quadrant to be off like that? I would think that more than just one would be off. Have the moisture indicators changed? I'm thinking either the initial impact or the dew damaged it. The insurance deductible is $89 if you're on the $7.99 (insurance and extended warranty) or the $6 (insurance only) plan. Or were you previously on Alltel?

Quote Originally Posted by odawg753 View Post

im pretty sure i can handle it im good with that stuff always fixed everyones nextels and ipods back in the day lol even tho i know this is on a different level i think i could handle it but my main question is do you think it is the digitizer?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Would a digitizer cause just one quadrant to be off like that? I would think that more than just one would be off. Have the moisture indicators changed? I'm thinking either the initial impact or the dew damaged it. The insurance deductible is $89 if you're on the $7.99 (insurance and extended warranty) or the $6 (insurance only) plan. Or were you previously on Alltel?

Quote Originally Posted by odawg753 View Post

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)
    Moisture indicators are still good and I'm on verizon
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    you never realize how important that back button is until its gone
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    update: i changed my digitizer and its fixed, but i have a feeling this digitizer isnt geuine motorola

Links