DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Multiple freezes & reboots daily

  1. Master Droid
    DroidFan's Avatar
    Member #
    2091
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    322
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    Multiple freezes & reboots daily

    I don't know what happened, but suddenly in the last month or so I've been having problems with my original, non-rooted Droid where the phone will suddenly be unresponsive to my touch screen & then the app will begin to jerk on the screen & then freeze, leaving me no alternative than to reboot. It doesn't matter what app I'm using & I'm rebooting several times a day. I haven't added any new apps recently either.

    Any ideas or advice?? I'm tired of rebooting over & over....thanks!

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. Super Moderator/RS
    dlwhtrose's Avatar
    Member #
    14116
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Posts
    2,777
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    #2
    Do you have a task killer on your Droid?? If so remove it. They cause more problems than they fix. Secondly did you install a new app around the time this strange behavior started? If so remove it and see if that fixes your situation. It sounds like an app has gone crazy on ya.

    The last more drastic thing you could do would be a factory reset but that will wipe out all your apps that you have put on the phone and put the phone back to what it was when you first got it.
  3. Master Droid
    DroidFan's Avatar
    Member #
    2091
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    322
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #3
    Thanks for the tips. Unless there was an app update that's buggy, then it wouldn't be any new apps as I haven't downloaded any in recent months.

    I haven't had task killer on my phone in over 6 months, so it's not that...

    Would have to do a master reboot if I don't have to...open to more questions before doing this...

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. Droid
    FlyByNight's Avatar
    Member #
    722
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    35
    Phone
    Moto e815
    #4
    Motorola has admitted there is a problem on the Droid X since the Froyo release. Supposedly there is a fix in the work, but I'm getting tired of this thing rebooting several times a day.

    I don't have a task killer. I've uninstalled Launcher Pro and am still getting the reboots. I've seen in other forums people are getting replacement Droid X's, but sometimes it takes several replacements before it is fixed.
  5. Master Droid
    DroidFan's Avatar
    Member #
    2091
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    322
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #5
    I don't even have the X.... I have the original DROID. Got it day one and it was running great until the last few weeks....

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  6. Droid
    FlyByNight's Avatar
    Member #
    722
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    35
    Phone
    Moto e815
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidFan View Post
    I don't even have the X.... I have the original DROID. Got it day one and it was running great until the last few weeks....

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    That is interesting. I just talked to Verizon and they are sending me a replacement Droid X, but after reading your post, I don't think that will solve the problem.

    Theoretically, I should load the new one a little at a time to see if there are problems, but that could take forever trying to isolate the issue.

    Android 2.1 was rock solid.
  7. Master Droid
    DroidFan's Avatar
    Member #
    2091
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    322
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #7
    Guess I'll be calling VZW too to see if they can isolate the problem... I've been deleting any installed software as the glitch happens...but it's happening on preinstalled s/w as well as market-based software... so I'm at a loss.
  8. Droid
    FlyByNight's Avatar
    Member #
    722
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    35
    Phone
    Moto e815
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidFan View Post
    Guess I'll be calling VZW too to see if they can isolate the problem... I've been deleting any installed software as the glitch happens...but it's happening on preinstalled s/w as well as market-based software... so I'm at a loss.
    Mine reboots when it is just sitting on my desk. I can tell because my BT headset notifies me when it is disconnected.
  9. Droid Newbie
    soos53's Avatar
    Member #
    133291
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    droid x
    #9
    I have a brand new DroidX, bought it last Saturday. I haven't added ANY apps, but it freezes at randon time. It will not let me reboot. I can't find a way to power it off like holding the power key for an extended period of time. The only thing that works is pulling the battery. This all started after a genius at Verizon tech support who spent 2 hours "Helping" me try to get my AOL working, then sent it to an engineer (who I have yet to hear from), when all he had to do was Google aol settings, try them, as I did, and make it work. I spoke to a 2nd one too who also had no clue. The bottom line is, I don't have much faith in their "tech support" and "engineers" We will probably ALL have to look outside VZW for an answer!!!

    I would like to LOVE this thing, but my blackberry and/or IPhone are looking sooo much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by soos53 View Post
    I have a brand new DroidX, bought it last Saturday. I haven't added ANY apps, but it freezes at randon time. It will not let me reboot. I can't find a way to power it off like holding the power key for an extended period of time. The only thing that works is pulling the battery. This all started after a genius at Verizon tech support who spent 2 hours "Helping" me try to get my AOL working, then sent it to an engineer (who I have yet to hear from), when all he had to do was Google aol settings, try them, as I did, and make it work. I spoke to a 2nd one too who also had no clue. The bottom line is, I don't have much faith in their "tech support" and "engineers" We will probably ALL have to look outside VZW for an answer!!!

    I would like to LOVE this thing, but my blackberry and/or IPhone are looking sooo much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Sounds to me like you have a bad phone. Do a factory data reset and if you still have issues, exercise your warranty.

    There is no way on God's green earth that a Blackberry is better then a Droid.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Random Reboots/Freezes when SD card mounted
    By delrayser in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 06:02 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-22-2010, 06:06 PM
  3. Constant Reboots & Freezes
    By shutter76 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 12:04 PM
  4. phone freezes and reboots
    By Signum in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2010, 02:08 AM

Search tags for this page

android freezes and restarts
,
blackberry freezes then restarts
,
blackberry reboots daily
,
droid 2 crashes daily
,
droid 2 freezes and restarts
,
droid 2 rebooting daily
,
droid bionic freezes and then restarts
,
droid freezes and reboots
,
droid freezes then restarts
,
droid x freezes daily
,

kindle freezes and restarts

,
motorola droid 2 crashes daily
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+