DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Multiple freezes & reboots daily

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Multiple freezes & reboots daily

I don't know what happened, but suddenly in the last month or so I've been having problems with my original, non-rooted Droid where the phone will suddenly be unresponsive to my touch screen & then the app will begin to jerk on the screen & then freeze, leaving me no alternative than to reboot. It doesn't matter what app I'm using & I'm rebooting several times a day. I haven't added any new apps recently either.

Any ideas or advice?? I'm tired of rebooting over & over....thanks!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    Do you have a task killer on your Droid?? If so remove it. They cause more problems than they fix. Secondly did you install a new app around the time this strange behavior started? If so remove it and see if that fixes your situation. It sounds like an app has gone crazy on ya.

The last more drastic thing you could do would be a factory reset but that will wipe out all your apps that you have put on the phone and put the phone back to what it was when you first got it.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Thanks for the tips. Unless there was an app update that's buggy, then it wouldn't be any new apps as I haven't downloaded any in recent months.

I haven't had task killer on my phone in over 6 months, so it's not that...

Would have to do a master reboot if I don't have to...open to more questions before doing this...

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto e815
    Motorola has admitted there is a problem on the Droid X since the Froyo release. Supposedly there is a fix in the work, but I'm getting tired of this thing rebooting several times a day.

I don't have a task killer. I've uninstalled Launcher Pro and am still getting the reboots. I've seen in other forums people are getting replacement Droid X's, but sometimes it takes several replacements before it is fixed.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I don't even have the X.... I have the original DROID. Got it day one and it was running great until the last few weeks....

6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto e815
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidFan View Post
    I don't even have the X.... I have the original DROID. Got it day one and it was running great until the last few weeks....

That is interesting. I just talked to Verizon and they are sending me a replacement Droid X, but after reading your post, I don't think that will solve the problem.

Theoretically, I should load the new one a little at a time to see if there are problems, but that could take forever trying to isolate the issue.

Android 2.1 was rock solid.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Guess I'll be calling VZW too to see if they can isolate the problem... I've been deleting any installed software as the glitch happens...but it's happening on preinstalled s/w as well as market-based software... so I'm at a loss.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto e815
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidFan View Post
    Guess I'll be calling VZW too to see if they can isolate the problem... I've been deleting any installed software as the glitch happens...but it's happening on preinstalled s/w as well as market-based software... so I'm at a loss.
    Mine reboots when it is just sitting on my desk. I can tell because my BT headset notifies me when it is disconnected.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    I have a brand new DroidX, bought it last Saturday. I haven't added ANY apps, but it freezes at randon time. It will not let me reboot. I can't find a way to power it off like holding the power key for an extended period of time. The only thing that works is pulling the battery. This all started after a genius at Verizon tech support who spent 2 hours "Helping" me try to get my AOL working, then sent it to an engineer (who I have yet to hear from), when all he had to do was Google aol settings, try them, as I did, and make it work. I spoke to a 2nd one too who also had no clue. The bottom line is, I don't have much faith in their "tech support" and "engineers" We will probably ALL have to look outside VZW for an answer!!!

I would like to LOVE this thing, but my blackberry and/or IPhone are looking sooo much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soos53 View Post
    I have a brand new DroidX, bought it last Saturday. I haven't added ANY apps, but it freezes at randon time. It will not let me reboot. I can't find a way to power it off like holding the power key for an extended period of time. The only thing that works is pulling the battery. This all started after a genius at Verizon tech support who spent 2 hours "Helping" me try to get my AOL working, then sent it to an engineer (who I have yet to hear from), when all he had to do was Google aol settings, try them, as I did, and make it work. I spoke to a 2nd one too who also had no clue. The bottom line is, I don't have much faith in their "tech support" and "engineers" We will probably ALL have to look outside VZW for an answer!!!

I would like to LOVE this thing, but my blackberry and/or IPhone are looking sooo much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds to me like you have a bad phone. Do a factory data reset and if you still have issues, exercise your warranty.

There is no way on God's green earth that a Blackberry is better then a Droid.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links