DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Droid going crazy!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

HELP! Droid going crazy!

My droid has been on a constant reset cycle for the past 15 min. It will get to the lock screen, and restart. Its done it at least 20+ times now, and still going strong. I've done a battery pull and everything, and its still going strong!

What should I do? I took video of it. Should I bring it to a verizon store and have it replaced? I installed a Zagg screen protector, will they replace that too?

Do I have to go back to the same store to get it replaced?

Thanks for any help!

-John
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Well, its been 30+ minutes, and its still in a reset cycle.....i've tried everything.....

-John
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus [LTE]
    Try booting in safe mode. It may be one of your apps conflicting with something
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by triptych View Post
    Try booting in safe mode. It may be one of your apps conflicting with something
    Thanks for the advice!
    I tried to do it, and was able to get it into safe mode, however, it just went back to rebooting itself again and again.....

I guess I'm going to have to bring it back.....good thing I didnt have too many apps yet since I havent even had it a week.

-John
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus [LTE]
    So you were able to load up with safe mode? If so try a factory reset, then restart normally. If that doesn't work then take it back where you purchased it, they should give you a new one.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by triptych View Post
    So you were able to load up with safe mode? If so try a factory reset, then restart normally. If that doesn't work then take it back where you purchased it, they should give you a new one.
    It went into safe mode, but just went right back into rebooting itself over and over again. Its currently in a loop right now. I've gotten video of it, so I can show the verizon people. I'd say its had to of rebooted over 100 times so far. Guess I'll have to go to Verizon.
    Do I have to go to the place that I bought it, or can I just go to a Best Buy?

-John
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Did you install anything before this happened? Maybe even an update. What applications do you have installed maybe we can start creating a database of applications installed and cross reference them against all the people have restart issues.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A955
    Quote Originally Posted by cpushrink1 View Post
    Did you install anything before this happened? Maybe even an update. What applications do you have installed maybe we can start creating a database of applications installed and cross reference them against all the people have restart issues.
    That's a good idea, but I don't think it's feasible. Since it persisted into "safe mode" it sounded like a hardware problem. A master list of "troublesome" apps would be kinda tough with all the updates and such.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    That's a good idea, but I don't think it's feasible. Since it persisted into "safe mode" it sounded like a hardware problem. A master list of "troublesome" apps would be kinda tough with all the updates and such.[/QUOTE]

This is right, however, when we trouble shoot computer problems, we tend to right down as many issues as possible and then we eliminate them one by one. You can use the top down approach or the bottom up, which ever is preferred.

The updates can be ruled out for the most part. If an update had an issue it would affect almost everyone who completed the update unless it was application specific. I agree there are a million variables just like domain computers. However, you can start using the systematic approach.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    Granted it's a bit late to be responding, as the OP was in december, but I had the same problem when I incorrectly installed BB, so I rebooted in safe, DLed the nandroid file and updated again, and it worked.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links