DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: magnets in the droid a855?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid A855

Question magnets in the droid a855?

Hi all, in my last post I stated that my phone was permanently stuck in landscape after I replaced the phones touch screen digitizer. Since then I have replaced and tried everything to fix the issue and I was reading up about phones being stuck in media mode as if in the dock, even though my phone was not in the media screen, from the forum I took advice and tried placing a magnet on the back of my phone. In the middle of my phone I placed the magnet and immediately after being prompted about being in dock mode the phone went back to normal as if nothing ever happened...but as soon as I take the magnet off it goes back to landscape. What does this mean? Does anyone know anything about magnets in the droid? Do they die? Can i replace them? Is there any solution?

Thanks for reading.

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    I'm not tracking as to your goal.

If you want to stop the app, try DockBlocker or Dock Nothingness if you're unrooted, and deleting the app if you are rooted.

If you're trying to figure out why the app is crashing, it sounds like a software problem, and I'd backup my apps and try a factory reset.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid A855
    It's not an app my screen all the time no matter what browser, apps, calls, texts anything...is always in landscape with the keyboard closed and opened. It does not go into portrait at all...unless I put a magnet on the back of my phone as if to switch it into dock mode without the dock. I have factory reset the phone 5 times nothing changes. The only way it will go into portrait is like I said unless there is a magnet on the back (which i read to do from people who were stuck in dock mode which I am not but i figured id try the magnet trick and it worked anyway). But like I said once I take the magnet off the back of my phone the phone stays in landscape mode no matter what.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Time for a warranty replacement.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by akuds View Post
    It's not an app my screen all the time no matter what browser, apps, calls, texts anything...is always in landscape with the keyboard closed and opened. It does not go into portrait at all...unless I put a magnet on the back of my phone as if to switch it into dock mode without the dock. I have factory reset the phone 5 times nothing changes. The only way it will go into portrait is like I said unless there is a magnet on the back (which i read to do from people who were stuck in dock mode which I am not but i figured id try the magnet trick and it worked anyway). But like I said once I take the magnet off the back of my phone the phone stays in landscape mode no matter what.
    You say you changed your digitizer screen on your phone ? Did you also replace the front face plate on the phone ? If so that may be where your problem lies. I just had the same problem with my phone. There is a little tiny magnet on the back of the face plate. My new plate did not come with that magnet in it. So when i was finished replacing the the new digitizer screen the phone was stuck in landscape mode. I spent about 2 or 3 weeks trying to figure this out. So when I found out about the magnets affecting the phone. I realized it was the magnet that told the phone weather or not the keyboard was open or closed. So with the phone thinking the keyboard was always open due to the missing magnet, it stayed in landscape mode and also would not auto rotate.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    maybe it's the replacement touch screen's problem,you bought a bad quality digitizer,if it isn't the digitizer's problem,then i suggest you take it to the repair guys.i ordered the Motorola A855 digitizer from this store and successfully retore my phone:

Brand New Original LCD Touch Screen Digitizer for Motorola Driod Milestone A855
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid A855
    I did replace the front face plate...I saw mini magnets for this droid model on ebay about 2 months ago and I contacted the sellers and they explained what they were for and that was my missing link...I never would've thought to check the frame for a magnet...thanks so much for the answers!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Links